• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My last post and some reflections on my former collection posted by hunter's gold

12 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Some really good pictures

Hi everyone. This will be my final post so I wish everyone the best. Most of you know that I collected Lincoln cents. After placing all 4 of my modern 1959-date business strike Lincoln cents this past year, which was the first time a collection had received #1 in the registry sets or tied, I sold my entire collection earlier this year. Do I miss collecting coins, YES, but every time I am at my property that I bought my smile is much bigger. I know some of my fellow collectors bought some of my former collection and I am happy for you. Top population coins are hard too come by and I am glad that some found good homes. Thank you too all who encouraged, educated and supported me over the last nine years. I leave with a few pictures of my former coins. As always, thank you for looking and Happy Collecting.

17105.jpg

See more journals by hunter's gold

Doug,

Wow!! Some SWEET pics there. Are you saving those for me ???

I'll add all of them to my set. lol I have worked hard on the Lincoln set this year.

Check it out on Rick's Keepers page (A Penny Saved...) --- Yes, you and Michael VUMC are mentioned in the description and it will stay that way.

I was pushing up trees this weekend trying to gain another acre or 2 cleared for pastures.

Enjoy Your Property and

Have a Merry Christmas My Friend!!

Rick

All the best to you Doug! Even though I don't collect Lincoln Cents, your set always kept me awestruck. I for one am going to miss you around here, but I hear you on the land and living life the way you want. Do drop a line to us on occasion, I'd love to hear from you!

Gary

Hi everyone. This will be my final post so I wish everyone the best. Most of you know that I collected Lincoln cents. After placing all 4 of my modern 1959-date business strike Lincoln cents this past year, which was the first time a collection had received #1 in the registry sets or tied, I sold my entire collection earlier this year. Do I miss collecting coins, YES, but every time I am at my property that I bought my smile is much bigger. I know some of my fellow collectors bought some of my former collection and I am happy for you. Top population coins are hard too come by and I am glad that some found good homes. Thank you too all who encouraged, educated and supported me over the last nine years. I leave with a few pictures of my former coins. As always, thank you for looking and Happy Collecting

Great post and I love this part "but every time I am at my property that I bought my smile is much bigger."

Enjoy.

Sigh,so bittersweet!

Im a comic nerd,but i troll the other side,just never post,or rarely as to me it is still a frightening place.(you guys have stuff that just...welll,makes my pride and joy Newfoundland collection hide)

Maybe you will post again,from your swell new property.

Take care and be happy.

Jimmers

Doug,

What can I say! A dear friend that I will miss immensely. A true collector to the core of this hobby. Several top sets that no one can beat. I am glad, however, that you found the sanctuary that you now own. The sad part is it only cost you $2 in coins! Best of luck to you hunting your new land and hopefully Trophies will come from it.

Best of luck Doug! At least I have your email!.

Michael