• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade Deleted?

2 posts in this topic

I have been importing some of my NGC certified coins to Collection Manager and building private sets and came across something I have never seen before.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Certification Number: 3849983-001

Coin Information

Date/Info: KM2(1898) KOREA WIDE YANG

Denomination: YANG

Grade: DELETED

--------------------------------------------------------------

What does "grade deleted" mean?

Can you correct this issue?

• Administrator

Good Day.

You are correct. This coin appears as DELETED in our data base. When you have a moment, can you please take a few photos (at least 1 obverse AND 1 reverse) of this coin, with all edges of the holder in view? Can you put something, such as a piece of mail or newspaper, something with a recent date visible on it, in the background of the photos? Can you then email them to me at aemery@ngccoin.com?

When a coin is marked as deleted in our system, it usually means that the coin was removed from the holder and the tag was returned to us for removal from the census report. However, sometimes it is simply a data error we can correct if we have a photo of the coin as proof that it is indeed still intact in the holder. Thanks in advance for your assistance.