• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 7th Annual Secret Santa Swap!

44 posts in this topic

I've had several people ask about this already, so lets get it started!

Back by popular demand, lets get into the spirit of Christmas! That means spreading a little Christmas cheer, and bringing everyone a bit closer together. Lets do the annual Secret Santa Swap! Its incredibly simple:

1. If you are interested in playing, send me a PM with your address before the evening of Saturday, December 5th (even if you played last year, send me your address again, I've deleted those PMs).

1a. I've had a couple of people in past yeas contact me who had no posts at all (or one post). Due to the security concerns, I would like participants to be people we know and trust. This year, I am going to put a minimum post count of 20 posts to play. If you are brand new, that's fine - introduce yourself, tell us who you are and what you like, join the conversation, and let us get to know you before we start sharing our addresses with you.

2. I'll randomize the names, and assign each person someone to send a gift to (by PM) (the person you send a gift to will not be the person sending you a gift)

3. Pick a small coin-related gift you think your person will like, under $20 (to keep it from getting outlandish, and to keep anyone from feeling like they got stiffed).

4. Send your gift out by Saturday, December 12th.

5. When you receive your present, take a quick picture and post it here in this thread and tell us what you got. Don't reveal actual names unless they say its alright.

Gifts should be coins, coin books, or something along the general coin theme.

So let's get into the giving spirit, and let the Secret Santa coin swap begin!

Regretfully I will not be able to participate this year. Hopefully our circumstances will be better next year. Looking forward to following the thread though.

Assignments have gone out!

Since I was a little late getting the assignments out, you have a couple of extra days to ship your gift. Please try to have it in the mail by Monday, December 14.

When you receive your gift, please take a picture of it and post it in this thread, so we can all see!

Merry Christmas!

5. When you receive your present, take a quick picture and post it here in this thread and tell us what you got. Don't reveal actual names unless they say its alright.

Received an awesome gift from my Secret Santa ! :whee:banana-santa.gif

This coin is way nicer in hand than what my crummy scan shows and it's got some character in the form of some die cracks that I love.

tn_1883NC.jpg

How about a wave from my Secret Santa, in reply to this post, should they wish to reveal themselves to the board.

Many thanks for the thoughtful gift and big-merry-christmas-smiley-emoticon.gif

My secret Santa did his homework and sent me the two things

I enjoy the most, coins & stamps. You know when that book first

came out I wanted one since, so it was a real surprise. Some of

the never stamps I have never pursued, so there will be ample

time to find them in my stamp book. Thank you!

060732f2-e623-46b6-9b09-f45ed374db51_zpsdx0jmn5g.jpg

DSCF2617_zpshs3786eu.jpg

DSCF2620_zpsu3hnhtgg.jpg

Note: If the secret Santa wishes to reveal himself...

I have received my secret Santa gift and will post pictures Christmas. Thank you Santa and Merry Christmas everyone :hi:

These gifts just keep on giving. Thank you Santa.

IMG_0399_zpsuc2vuf4s.jpg

IMG_0425_zpseku1xp5a.jpg

IMG_0422_zpskp7og9xq.jpg

IMG_0420_zpsid5x9ccc.jpg

Great book for me because I come across modern coins at auction often but haven't learned much about the better ones. Now I'll become more alert.

Thanks Secret Santa, good job !!!

<a  href=001_zpsxkraocmi.jpg' alt='001_zpsxkraocm

Sorry for the delay, but I finally had some time to take pictures! I received a wonderful selection of gifts, including an old stock certificate from the Standard Commercial Tobacco Company that was cancelled in 1927, two Vietnamese currency notes, one from before the fall and one after the fall to communism, a beautifully toned 2001 Vermont Clad quarter and the most interesting, a collection of medals from the Battlefield Coin Show in 2014 and 2015 (plus one for 2016 to be mailed later) as well as one from New Market Maryland, which has an obverse of a 1793 cent and a reverse after the Oregon Trail commemorative half dollar. Very cool!

159697.jpg.85e6581f436e0727eab8169525c5a2b5.jpg

159698.jpg.f12bd214fb908ec135549086dadf0efd.jpg

159699.jpg.ea4671751730d32823e7a5178f7b35b6.jpg

159700.jpg.802394c55543cf05a5b0df5f975b7802.jpg

ngcss15_zpsrflitciy.jpg

I was beginning to feel left out. I found my Secret Santa gift today. It had slipped in behind my mailbox. Thank you Santa. 3 very nice toned Franklins. Reverse pic would show that they all Denvers.

Thanks again

Mark

Im glad you liked it! The wife thought the stamps would be a good touch! Ill let her know you enjoyed them.

My secret Santa did his homework and sent me the two things

I enjoy the most, coins & stamps. You know when that book first

came out I wanted one since, so it was a real surprise. Some of

the never stamps I have never pursued, so there will be ample

time to find them in my stamp book. Thank you!

060732f2-e623-46b6-9b09-f45ed374db51_zpsdx0jmn5g.jpg

DSCF2617_zpshs3786eu.jpg

DSCF2620_zpsu3hnhtgg.jpg

Note: If the secret Santa wishes to reveal himself...

...I never did receive anything...but, I guess I got what I deserved for 2015! ;):devil:

Happy New Year to all -- and thanks for organizing this Jason (physics-fan)

-Brandon

...I never did receive anything...but, I guess I got what I deserved for 2015! ;):devil:

-Brandon

Didn't you know? Your gift was the Registry award. :devil::P

I'm only joking. Realistically, it is probably caught in USPS limbo. I sent a package the day after Christmas which arrived this week (not coin related). I'm sure whoever was assigned to you honored their end of the agreement.

-Brandon

Didn't you know? Your gift was the Registry award. :devil::P

I'm only joking. Realistically, it is probably caught in USPS limbo. I sent a package the day after Christmas which arrived this week (not coin related). I'm sure whoever was assigned to you honored their end of the agreement.

That was my thought also. USPS always gets bogged down during the holidays. No biggie... :)

I still had fun sending a gift to another member -- giving gifts is often way better than receiving anyway.