• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1925 Stone Mountain Comm

11 posts in this topic

There might be a rub down Robert E. Lee's leg, which would make an AU-58 / MS-62. It could also be from envelope storage, which would lower it to MS-63 or 64. You can't tell exactly from a photo.

There might be a rub down Robert E. Lee's leg, which would make an AU-58 / MS-62. It could also be from envelope storage, which would lower it to MS-63 or 64. You can't tell exactly from a photo.

I believe certain liberties are taken in this sub-forum, such as, let's assume there's no album friction or, even any sliders, for that matter.

I don't know if this will help you or not, but PCGS graded this Stone Mountain commemorative half dollar MS-65, and I agree with the grade.

StoneMountain65O_zps56b29d12.jpgStoneMountain65R_zps6a18487f.jpg

Looking at you coin from my desk top computer, I'd say that it is a lock for the MS-63 grade with a shot at MS-64.

Nice MS-65 example Bill.

The one presented by me was in an old ANACS white holder graded at MS-64. I bought it a while back (been quite a while now) and freed it from the confines of the holder and placed it in an envelope and coin cabinet. I hope over a period of time the toning in the 12:00 to 3:00 position will continue around the entire peripheral. I think it could be a very nice example if it did.

Of-course - I will probably have been pushing up daises for quite some time when and if that happens. :eek:

Thanks for the opinions.