• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Decisions... Which 1963 Franklin for the toner Dansco?

15 posts in this topic

Given that I'm a coin collector, I've got OCD. If I find a coin I like and the price isn't too bad I'll buy it. I realized early on that I was getting more Franklins than I needed for my toner Dansco, so I ended up buying three Danscos. However, I am trying to put together a Top set, and then have the surplus coins wend their way down into the surplus Danscos. I've got several 1963 P & D Franklins for the toner Dansco. Later on this week I'll post some D mint Franklins, but this post is about P mint Frankies. Here are my two favorite 1963 P mint Franklins. Which one do you prefer for the Top set? The images are by Bob Campbell, and I think he did an excellent job.

1963eorTob.jpg1963eorT.jpg

bc1963_rFR3o1_zpshopzghfz.jpgbc1963_rFR3r3t_zpshvfklwbt.jpg

Given that I'm a coin collector, I've got OCD. If I find a coin I like and the price isn't too bad I'll buy it. I realized early on that I was getting more Franklins than I needed for my toner Dansco, so I ended up buying three Danscos. However, I am trying to put together a Top set, and then have the surplus coins wend their way down into the surplus Danscos. I've got several 1963 P & D Franklins for the toner Dansco. Later on this week I'll post some D mint Franklins, but this post is about P mint Frankies. Here are my two favorite 1963 P mint Franklins. Which one do you prefer for the Top set? The images are by Bob Campbell, and I think he did an excellent job.

1963eorTob.jpg1963eorT.jpg

bc1963_rFR3o1_zpshopzghfz.jpgbc1963_rFR3r3t_zpshvfklwbt.jpg

It depends on what grades you are looking for in your album. Coin 2 is choice mint state, and coin 1 is a slider, and I would hate to compare them, as both are exceptional for what they are.

They both have their advantages. The toning on to first's reverse is considered cool (even if I'm not a huge fan of it myself). The second is brighter and more attractive overall, in my opinion.