• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1941-D Toned Roll

42 posts in this topic

I picked up a toned BU Roll of 1941-D Cents a while back and just got around to looking at it. Turns out the entire roll is beautifully toned. There is a range of color and level of toning through the roll. The roll was tubed when I bought it, and it appears that two coins were replaced as they don't match the rest for toning. At least one of the roll end coins is still here, and it is nearly solid black on one side. Opinions welcome! I may take the time to image all 48 of the toned coins.

IMG_4100_A.jpg

IMG_4101_A.jpg

Nice. I've seen many original rolls of similar quality. Few collectors realize how nice the coins were that the mints produced before clad coinage and zinc cents.

Dibs on the eighth one from last! All beautiful coins! This is a great find you have here.

David...I'm not sure which one that is but if you can check on the website again and PM me the image numbers (ie 35-36) I will reserve it for you.

I have uploaded the last 10 coins with good surfaces. The rest have too many spots, hits or scratches to be worth considering.

So far there are 3 reserved coins...

Dibs on the eighth one from last! All beautiful coins! This is a great find you have here.

David...I'm not sure which one that is but if you can check on the website again and PM me the image numbers (ie 35-36) I will reserve it for you.

I have uploaded the last 10 coins with good surfaces. The rest have too many spots, hits or scratches to be worth considering.

So far there are 3 reserved coins...

PM sent :)

I can't wait to see the other coins from the roll. I'm sure there are some stunners in there.

SSF...I have posted all 35 coins I imaged on my website at:

http://www.macrocoins.com/1941-d-toned-roll.html

The response to this roll was way more enthusiastic than I expected. I ended up choosing 3 coins that I wanted to keep, but the remaining coins are all gone! I have a few coins that I held back for various reasons and may image and post them, but generally the roll sold out in just a few days. Makes me think I sold them for too little...Ray

PS, my photos were taken with "normal" lighting from around 75-degrees. For one coin (#35-36), which sold for big $, I took additional photo of the obverse using pseudo-axial (tilted coin) lighting to show the deep color it showed. Many other coins also showed similar colors but not to as great an extent. Anyway, here's the #35-36 with different lighting:

41D%20Toned%20Roll%20Obv18.jpg