• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adventures of Ike Volume 1

4 posts in this topic

Adventures of Ike...My pocket piece.

Well last month I thought I would start a new journal. ADVENTURES OF IKE!!!!!!! Who is Ike? Well Ike is my 1971 Silver proof Ike dollar. Yes I busted him out of a brown box.....OH NO!!!! I carry it almost everywhere I go so I thought why not document his journey.

First adventure was camping/Deer/Dove hunting weekend. After our son crashed out for the night My wife, Ike and I sat around the fire drinking and laughing. Good times.

Then at the recent local Reptile show we picked up a red bearded dragon. I was .99 cents short and all I had left was Ike in my pocket......."Do I dare use Ike to finish paying for a Dragon?" lol heck no. Dealer was nice enough to cover the .99 cents so I wouldn't have to spend $4 getting money out of ATM.

Lastly Ike and I sat through our yearly TSA training program. Talk about a bore. We had fun until the sound of Ike wobbling on the table echoed throughout the room........ooops.

Sadly that was all the note worthy adventures this month. We had a lot more planned but son got sick twice and had to cover for co workers. Oh well.

What adventures has your pocket piece been on?

Until next month.....

-BCC

16932.jpg

See more journals by BrokeCoinCollector

Interesting post!

My pocket piece is a 1901-O Morgan Dollar. It belonged to my Grandfather who was a "Dry Goods" salesman in the 1920's and 1930's. He told me he always carried it for good luck. It's roughly a VF grade and is now protected from further wear so it looks exactly as it did when he gave it to me in the early 1960's. I started carrying it in the1980's, and we've gone quite a few places together.

Next week, we're off to Qatar for a three week business trip!