• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Roosevelt Weekend Treat posted by Six Mile Rick

5 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

CANDY-TIME!!

Friends,

This week I was talking to David Sachs about modern toned coins that are available. He is working on a very nice toned 20th Century type set. Even though he already has his Roosevelt dimes I told him I had some great candy dimes for a later submission. Of course by yesterday he was curious to see them. Not worrying on focus I took a dozen or so pics this morning and sent them to him.

I did a small collage treat for your viewing as well this weekend.

Have a great weekend and ENJOY!!

Rick

16896.jpg

See more journals by Six Mile Rick

Thanks Guys!!

Seems he has chosen the 1996 silver proof for his raw type set. I think that is the best looking rainbow toned one in the book too myself. I am going to get some good focused shots to him this morning for a good bidding offer. :)

Later---Rick

While one can have a blast white coin just like the other blast white coins made in recent years, a toned coin is unique in that no two are the same. I love that....it means I have something that no one else can claim to have. Besides putting coins in old style books to get whatever toning they may still have to impart, I put high grade moderns, and a few vintage duplicates into wood cigar boxes and just let them sit. Hopefully, one day they will be toned and enjoyed by others as today's methods of storing coins is too sterile and not conducive to "natural" toning. It is a long process, and I may not see the end results, but so far, they are getting some neat color. I think that it would be neat to be able to buy the old type folders made for those of us who would still like to make tones coins with the bullseye effect and the like. I bet that there would be buyers, after all, purchased for cost and put away...what is there to lose...nothing.

Take care, thanks for sharing!

Alan