• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question on Grading a Hawaiian Medal

2 posts in this topic

I have three silver medals (same type) that I wish to have graded and encapsulated.

Unfortunately, these medals are not listed in Hawaiian Money Second Edition by Medcalf & Russell.

However, I have found two gold versions of the medals that has undergone NGC grading and encapsulation in the Ira & Larry Goldberg Auctioneers catalog dated September 7, 2009. Here is a snippet of the auction lot.

Note its indicates NGC graded and images shows the medal's edges being held in what appears to be an edge view holder. The entire holder is not displayed in the auction catalog.

1980kk1.jpg

My three silver medals are 32 mm, but struck silver and is indicated silver on the medals' reverse. Here is an image of one of the medals.

pmh.jpg

My question is do you grade and encapsulate the silver version of the 1980 King Kamehameha the Great struck by Precious Medals Hawaii?

For your reference, I have documentation from American Numismatic Association of the medal.

kamset.jpg