• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kennedy Confusion posted by stevek426

6 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Three designations to the same coin?

I was looking at my 2014 S High Relief Kennedy and noticed the same coin is seemingly listed three ways. It is in the census at MS EH and MS EHP and also as MS EHD. Can anyone explain the difference to me?

See more journals by stevek426

The technical descriptions are:

EH = "Ehhh, might be OK but who knows?"

EHP = "Ehhh, probably OK but we don't know?"

EHD = "Ehhh, definitely OK, but wha' do you t'ink. You like?"

But remember - t'ings is no awayz wha' dey seems!

:)

Three designations to the same coin?

I was looking at my 2014 S High Relief Kennedy and noticed the same coin is seemingly listed three ways. It is in the census at MS EH and MS EHP and also as MS EHD. Can anyone explain the difference to me?

They mean:

EH = Enhanced High Relief

EHP = Enhanced High Relief Prooflike (PL)

EHD = Enhanced High Relief Deep-prooflike (DPL)

Every coin has the potential to be designated as PL or DPL.

"Every coin has the potential to be designated as PL or DPL"

It can also be a designated driver....or is it part of the new "No Coin Left Behind" act?

These special descriptions seem to be homing in on the individually slabbed errors that one frustrated collector was trying to promote a few weeks ago....is there an end?

.....just a thought, not a sermon.

"Every coin has the potential to be designated as PL or DPL"

It can also be a designated driver....or is it part of the new "No Coin Left Behind" act?

These special descriptions seem to be homing in on the individually slabbed errors that one frustrated collector was trying to promote a few weeks ago....is there an end?

.....just a thought, not a sermon.

Take it up with the hosts. I couldn't personally give two :censored: about PL and DPL designations. lol