• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SECOND TRIP AROUND THE SOUTH YIELDS TROUBLE by CaptBrian1

9 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

WHERE oh were can the Bechtler mint golds be?

I set out two Fridays ago, on a hunt for Bechtler mint gold coins and the first week went okay, found a beautiful silver eagle. 2003 W PR70 DCAM.

Nothing else when, on the way to Mount Airy, (Mayberry RFD)at my son's home two Fridays ago, my lovely wife Helen began complaining pretty heavy of a stomach ache. Saying it was not the usual pains, we stopped at a clinic and the doctor sent her away with a pain and antibiotic prescription.

I did not like the way he did not know what was causing it, so we went to the nearest clinic, which was closed, as was a 2nd one.

Finally I found an emergency room open in Tarboro, N. C.

To make a very long story short, appendicitis. 10 days later we get her out and two days after that, we finally got home.

I did find a nice coin at a great price. Only $35 dollars. and three steel pennies. I guess the real steal was the eagle.

More later.

Capt. Brian

16803.jpg

See more journals by CaptBrian1

Good thing you got a second opinion. My wife had similar stomach pains a few years back, doctors diagnosed ovarian cysts and gave her medications for a couple of weeks. Pain kept getting worse, and when they finally decided to operate to remove the "cysts" they found a ruptured appendix instead. That amounted to ten days in the hospital, thank goodness we had good insurance.

Full recovery with no adverse effects, but definately scary when you're sitting in the OR waiting room and the surgeon comes out after an hour and tells you "this isn't what we thought it was".

Hope your wife is doing well and good luck on future trips through the Carolinas (maybe even a Bechtler along the way).

Thanks to all of you and your support. Hope to write about my new aquisitions before we go away. Tuesday, they should be here. about 15 - 18 goldies but goodies....