• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Largest submissions you've done to NGC?

13 posts in this topic

What are the largest invoices you've submitted to NGC? Since NGC uses an invoice system where a coin may have 045 on the holder, you can now plug in the certification number in sequence to see what other coins were on the invoice.

Right now I have three economy submissions and one gold rush, more than usual.

I've submitted 50+ a couple of times, but all of them have been on 8-1/2" x 11" forms. I don't know what purpose the other information you posted serves.

Chris

I tried to submit a real elephant with a token, but they said their slabs weren't big enough. Also, the necessary air holes might make the elephant tone.

It still doesn't seem like this information serves any useful purpose in relation to "largest submissions". What difference does it make? I would imagine that APMEX and Coin Vault probably have some submissions of 1,000+.

Chris

Real coin submissions or bulk or moderns? It's easy to have a high number for moderns. Send in 100 proof or mint sets to be graded and you can easily have 1500+ coins on one invoice. I'm sure they've received tens of thousands of generic moderns (silver eagles, modern commems, etc) and classic coins (pre-33 gold / Morgan/Peace dollars, etc) one a single submission. I think PCGS mentioned doing 88,000 Morgans a couple of years ago.

My largest non-bulk submissions for NGC was around 700 and for PCGS around 2,200.

Six coins, five of which were destined for clients, is the largest submission I've made.

How many Doritos do you eat while waiting for your submission to come back? hm

Chris :hi:

About 130 coins under their Modern Tier. Most of them were proof coins from the 1980's I was looking for 70's on as well as some ultra modern business strike Cents and some toned Franklin proofs.

Largest to PCGS was Bulk also about 130 coins as it turns out. All 2005 to 2008 business strike P and D Cents I was looking for 67s on.

PCGS bulk department called me up last week with some great prices on bulk submissions. I told them that I don't know any dealer in the northeast that is getting 100 plus MS coins that warrant a bulk submission. I suppose if you get a bunch of original rolls of dollars or better date coins it may make sense, but not too many rolls of real quality are coming out of the woodwork at least with the shops or dealers I talk to.