• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1803 Half for your consideration (Grade revealed)

7 posts in this topic

I just shipped this raw coin to our host for grading. Care to take a guess? Anything special I should know about?

Just got the results, the coin is in transit. You guys were all over the correct answer of Fine 15. Well done!!!

001_zpsxmodksnm.jpg[/img] 002_zpst5ucjmhd.jpg[/img]

It looks like it is an F.

I'd be concerned about the green spot above UNUM (it probably isn't active, and I've seen worse in slabs, but I really don't like it).

I'd also be concerned about the scratches on the shield - if they think it is adjustment marks, it'll get in a slab without problem (although the value will be less); if they are post-mint damage, it shouldn't get in a problem-free slab.

Yes, a Fine -15. Most of these coins were more sharply struck that the 1806 and '07 haves. For that reason the sharpness standard is tighter.

For more info you may go here

O-103

It looks like it has enough detail to get a VF20 at a grading service. whether other problems bump it down is another story.

Thanks Dave. I thought it was a Very Fine 20 also but the consensus seems to think Fine 15. I'll be sure to post results when it gets home.