• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

65 not a chance, perhaps a 64?

13 posts in this topic

Slightly better date O mint Morgan purchased today from a local flea market. At first glance through the glass case it appeared 65, upon further inspection, 64 tops. When I returned home and spent time examining it, all the chatter came to life :( At least the strike and luster is decent. Your opinions? TIA.

81oredo1_zpsovi27se1.jpg

81oredo2_zpsspbw6ojx.jpg

It has a good shot at 64. The fields are very clean. The marks on the cheek, and the rather severe scrape at the bottom of the reverse really hold it back.

physics-fan3.14, the scrape below ONE is a bummer, not in the focal area buy very noticeable.

wdrob, thanks for the compliment, only took me about 3 years to figure you can't image coins with a P&S. My D3100 with 105mm glass does a decent job.

I think it's an ok coin as an MS 63. This one has lots of minor issues, rims included. It might go MS 64 but I don't think so.

Agreed, nice pictures.

If the graders don't see the scrape under the "ONE" on the reverse, MS-64. If they do it could still MS-64, but they will probably knock off a point for that.

I've seen coins that would otherwise be MS-64 get an MS-63 because of small rim thingy or something similar, and this sort of falls into that category.