• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1891-P Seated Liberty Quarter

8 posts in this topic

A ton of luster and die clash marks that you can see. There is a bit of coin graze to the right of Ms. Liberty in the field but not as noticeable in hand unless under glass. Other than that the surface is very smooth.

1891_P_Seated_LQ.jpg

155142.jpg.4ebcc72293fa3e0a4e392ddc0a26dbe6.jpg

155143.jpg.fa7f2fbb98a255bfa39570b02be4916f.jpg

155144.jpg.66736e5bdf4b765cf812356569e89b3d.jpg

I would say the highest grade this coin would get is MS-63. There are some marks in the fields and on Ms. Liberty's breast, and it has been dipped.

I have warn you though that I am on an iPad, sometimes the image turns out to be not what I thought it was.

Yes Bill it absolutely without a doubt has been dipped however the luster is surprisingly strong - very strong actually.

Although I am not really into the bright white pieces I was enticed by the die clash.

I went ahead and sent it in to our host and should know in a week or so. If it were to bring a MS63 I would be happy.

Thanks for the opinion. I will update when I see the grades posted.

The coin is way too white for me, but the luster is strong. Some of those marks look severe enough to hold it back to 62, but because of the strong luster you might get a 63.

first impulse was 61- 62, but it looks as though I may have been too conservative. In the picture the coin takes on a gun metal look.

Nope. this one did not fare well at all. :grin:

UNC Details

Not surprised really but the surface, the best I can remember did not have any harsh or even mild cleaning lines so I am going to assume it was the dipped appearance and most notably indicated by the reverse imperfection near the 'L' in DOL.

I added the seller photos and when I received it in a MS62 ICG, I decided to keep it since I thought I could minimize or possibly eliminate that spot with a bath in acetone and a toothpick. I think it was organic since it did minimize the spot, yet it did leave a tale of attempted conservation.

Results located here along with the other iffy coin I sent in that did not make it, the 2002 Peripheral Toned ASE.

I knew those two were a chance but I said - oh, what the hell.