• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Week # 148 - TGIF!!

15 posts in this topic

QUESTION:

Name all the USA coins, excluding patterns and commemoratives, that have had their values expressed in Roman numerals.

Good Luck!!

Our first place winner will receive a copy of the 2005 January Census Book. We will also give a prize to a randomly selected player.

REMINDER: The Numisma-Quest ends/ended on Saturday at midnight EST. Entries after that time will not be valid. See the Trivia Info post for more details.

When you post your answer, only the administrators can see it. Stop back each Monday. We will make all the posts visible and announce the winners.

Hello,

Here is my answer to the trivia question US coins with roman numeral denomination:

1. Silver three-cent piece (1851-1873)

2. Nickel three-cent piece (1865-1889)

3. Liberty head type nickel (1883-1912)

Sorry if this is duplicated, but I can't tell if it is being sent. Here is my answer to the trivia question:

1. Silver three cent piece (minted 1851-1873)

2. Nickel three cent piece (minted1865-1869)

3. Liberty head type nickel (minted 1883 - 1912, minted without the word 'cents' in 1883, and there are 5 known coins dated 1913)

Thanks, David Beattie

QUESTION:

Name all the USA coins, excluding patterns and commemoratives, that have had their values expressed in Roman numerals.

ANSWER:

Silver three-cent piece, nickel three-cent piece, Liberty Head five-cent piece.

Congratulations Boiler 78!! You are this weeks Numismaquest winner. You will be receiving a copy of the January Census Book.

Congratulation Melmcbee! You are this weeks Numismaquest runner up. You will be receiving a display box.

Thanks for playing and stop back next week for another question. Keep up the good work!