• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC Registry Awards 2015

15 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Every year, NGC awards the top Competitive Sets and Custom Sets in the NGC Registry. Ensure your set is at its best by 10 a.m. ET on December 2, 2015 to be automatically considered for awards. Winners will be announced Jan. 8, 2016.

Obscured sets will not be considered for awards. If an owner of an obscured set wishes to compete for awards and have the rank of their set displayed, they must change their set from obscured to public by October 1, 2015.

Please note: The deadline to request new slots (for the 2015 awards period) is November 4th.

Hello Dena,

I'm new to the whole registry area and chat boards. I've just completed adding a new Custom Set that I believe is special and historic and wanted to bring it to your attention as well as share it with others. It is The Resolute Continental Currency Collection--the finest and most complete set of 1776 Continental Dollars ever put together. I've been fortunate to have re-entered coin collecting after a 54 year absence and was able to select among the finest Continental Dollars from both the Newman and Partrick collections plus acquiring a completely new pewter die variety discovered this past December that became available in the January Heritage FUN auction.

I hope others enjoy the experience as I have.

Regards,

Roblou270

• Administrator

Congratulations to our 2015 annual NGC Registry Award winners. Thank you to all of our NGC Registry participants for making 2015 a banner year. We appreciate all of our collectors, big and small.

Unfortunately, NGC has taken the competiveness out of the 2010 ATB SP set competition. To be a fair competition, NGC should include ALL light finish coins or remove ALL light finish coins. To include the Grand Canyon SP light finish and dis-qualify the Hot Springs and Yellowstone SP light finish, insures that only 6 owners of the SP Grand Canyon coin will ever be able to hold the first place slot in that competition. Given that 3 are already listed in the competition, that leaves only leaves 3 coin possible to the rest of the collectors WORLDWIDE. To frame the competition as fair is, at best, VERY MISLEADING. Just Saying.

• Administrator

Hello, jrcoins2210.

Thank you for the inquiry. Due to their rarity, the Hot Springs LF SP and Yellowstone LF SP coins are not included in the NGC Competitive Registry. Those two Light Finish varieties have only a handful of examples known, and we do not think it would be fair to make them a requirement for every participant. (The Hot Springs currently only has two NGC-graded as 70's and the Yellowstone has a highest NGC grade of 67.) For the Grand Canyon LF SP coins, we currently have graded 8 as 70's. PCGS coins are eligible in this set, as well. Thank you.

I have a question NGC ? Who Claimed they owned 3968582-044 when the 2015 NGC Annual REGISTRY Awards where announced ? Because I truly believe that I was sabotaged by a notification that was brought up that a competitive Snake and my comments were removed about this person trying to "Rent" a Coin from me but end up rented by someone else to win an Award?

I heard with my own 2 Ears about what is going on. All I want to know is why ?

Do your research Yellowstone has a high grade of 68 not 67, There are a total of 3 Hot springs at top grade, there are 6 Yellowstone at top grade, 9 Grand canyon at top grade. It would be very easy to remove the Grand Canyon and make it fair for everyone. But I don't see that happening, The fix is in. NGC listed the coins in the set and then removed them. its clear now that someone was upset that they were knocked out of first place, called and cried. I would like to point out that when you gave the number of coins available you only gave NGC coins and not the combined total. NGC & PCGS. This comes down to 3,4 and 9 coins available At top grade. I believe it's unfair to all the other collectors worldwide to include any of the light finish coins. If you do not remove the Grand Canyon Light Finish you have insured only collectors with one of 9 available coins will ever be able to rise to 1st. place. Now is that fair? The low number of entries 63 in the 2010 slot reflects the realization by other collectors that including the Grand Canyon with such low numbers at top grade has ruined the competition for everyone. I would like to say to NGC TARE DOWN THIS WALL. give everyone a chance. REMOVE the Grand Canyon. Everyone is watching. Your move.

Hello GREEK MARINE, I feel your pain. I fear NGC will take down my post as well. NGC is losing all credibility concerning the 2010 ATB light finish collection. Keep you chin up' Right always wins over Might. jrcoins2210

Hi jrcoins2210, I read your post and I really do think we have a valid point. I just received a message back from the person who is selling the coin I mentioned above and he said that he has had it since October 2015 and still has it and never rented it out. So NGC is it possible to revoke

someone's Award for cheating and minipulating the system ? I wish you the best jrcoins2210 and

I hope NGC will take appropriate action looking into this.

• Administrator

Hello, jrcoins 2210.

The decision that was made back in 2014 currently remains the same. We've included the Light Finish Grand Canyon for nearly five years, and there are enough examples certified by NGC to justify including it. On a side note, NGC-graded Yellowstone LF SP does have a high grade of 68 not 67. My apologies for that. Our recently updated census has a temporary issue right now where some of the columns are not properly aligned, so the coins with grade 68 are temporarily appearing in the 67 column. Thank you for the feedback.

• Administrator

Hello, GREEKMARINE.

We do not see the certification number that you mention as registered to you at any time. If there is any coin owner who feels his/her number was utilized unfairly in the Registry, then we rely upon that owner to notify us of this. If you have a concern about a certification number of a coin that you own, please send us an email with the details to registry@ngccoin.com, so we may assist. Thank you.

Hello Dena.

I was awarded the 2015 Best in Category for both the Gold Escudo Type Set, Hand on Book, 1825-1870, Circulation Issue and the 2 Escudos, Charles IV (1788-1809), Circulation Issue.

However, I only received a certificate for the 2 Escudos, Charles IV (1788-1809), Circulation Issue. I did not receive a certificate for the Gold Escudo Type Set.

Thanks.

• Administrator

Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I apologize for the oversight. I will get the missing certificate produced and sent out.