PCS grading service
1 1

14 posts in this topic

3,303 posts

It must be missing the "grading" which is what the "G" stands for in PCGS. Other than that I can't give clarity on the issue. You could do a google search on it.

14,311 posts
I have a 1924-S peace dollar MS65 graded by PCS. Can anyone tell me about this company?

Can you post photos?

Chris

2,281 posts

PCS is one of the many less than reputable grading services that popped up in the past 10 years or so. Their work is so horribly inconsistent that the Grey Sheet doesn't even list them as a legit service.

The coin in question might be properly graded, then again, chances are it's off quite a bit (high or low).

A picture of the coin in question might help us help you.

Welcome to the boards.

12,201 posts

If the plastic holder says: "NGC" or "PCGS" or "ANACS" you're OK. Anything else ranges from suspect to meaningless.

14,311 posts
If the plastic holder says: "NGC" or "PCGS" or "ANACS" you're OK. Anything else ranges from suspect to meaningless.

Well, yes and no.

ANACS & SEGS...........buy the coin not the slab.

Chris

14,297 posts
You gotta love the names of some of the basement slabbers:

NCG

NCGS

NNC

PGS

There's a good list of them here: http://www.ebay.com/gds/Guide-to-Third-Party-Grading-Services-for-coins-/10000000004417463/g.html

I'm surprised there isn't a PGCS or an ANASC.

Well, there probably will be now....Thanks a lot. :sumo::acclaim:

2 posts

I thank all of you for replying. I had to go out of town for a few days and just got back. I'll get my daughter to see about posting a pic of coin, I'm not too good on computers.

2,198 posts
I have a 1924-S peace dollar MS65 graded by PCS. Can anyone tell me about this company?

There's nothing wrong with the company and nothing wrong with their grades. The thing that's wrong is, wrong slabs. That's all.

8,580 posts

I'd like to. I still keep gathering information, but I spend too much time online, and I haven't been able to make myself sit down and actually do the writing.