• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PCS grading service

14 posts in this topic

PCS is one of the many less than reputable grading services that popped up in the past 10 years or so. Their work is so horribly inconsistent that the Grey Sheet doesn't even list them as a legit service.

The coin in question might be properly graded, then again, chances are it's off quite a bit (high or low).

A picture of the coin in question might help us help you.

Welcome to the boards.

If the plastic holder says: "NGC" or "PCGS" or "ANACS" you're OK. Anything else ranges from suspect to meaningless.

If the plastic holder says: "NGC" or "PCGS" or "ANACS" you're OK. Anything else ranges from suspect to meaningless.

Well, yes and no.

ANACS & SEGS...........buy the coin not the slab.

Chris

You gotta love the names of some of the basement slabbers:

NCG

NCGS

NNC

PGS

There's a good list of them here: http://www.ebay.com/gds/Guide-to-Third-Party-Grading-Services-for-coins-/10000000004417463/g.html

I'm surprised there isn't a PGCS or an ANASC.

You gotta love the names of some of the basement slabbers:

NCG

NCGS

NNC

PGS

There's a good list of them here: http://www.ebay.com/gds/Guide-to-Third-Party-Grading-Services-for-coins-/10000000004417463/g.html

I'm surprised there isn't a PGCS or an ANASC.

Well, there probably will be now....Thanks a lot. :sumo::acclaim:

I have a 1924-S peace dollar MS65 graded by PCS. Can anyone tell me about this company?

There's nothing wrong with the company and nothing wrong with their grades. The thing that's wrong is, wrong slabs. That's all.

I'd like to. I still keep gathering information, but I spend too much time online, and I haven't been able to make myself sit down and actually do the writing.