• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check Your Registry Set(s) if you used HTML coding posted by TheHawaiianaNumismatist

7 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Seems someone hacked everyone's work...

Tuesday, December 23, 2014 10:12 PM EST.

I was about to review one of my Registry sets and found it in a code like state (not executing the inserted HTML codes).

What's up?

See more journals by TheHawaiianaNumismatist

My custom set was affected as well (no HTML working). I hope it gets fixed as I spent a lot of time prepping my set for the registry awards!

• Administrator

The html formatting should be fixed in all sets for now. It was discovered that we can no longer use html in sets as we have been and therefore we are in the process of implementing the use of a new markdown language. Unfortunately the programming to disable html happened in a site release yesterday before the release of the new markdown language.

The new markdown language is coming soon and full details will be posted here. If you are using html in your sets now, please do not make changes to the comments in your set until the new markdown language is available. If you have changes that must be made before the new markdown language is available, email them to me at dena@ngccoin.com and I will see that the changes are made in the database and the display of your set remains intact.

We realize this is an inconvenience and will be working to fully correct the situation just as soon as possible.

Dena,

I received a couple new coins in the mail today and updated my set before reading your post in the forums. I was hoping you could get the HTML restored for my collection?

https://coins.www.collectors-society.com/wcm/CoinCustomSetView.aspx?s=14077

I really appreciate your time!

Thanks and Merry Christmas

I set a few of my sets that used HTML as "private" after first discovering the issue. I took them out of private mode today and discovered that most of the HTML code are mo longer there. I performed no editing, I only switch on/off the private selection. Is the HTML code lost?

• Administrator

I should be able to have the html restored. Would you please let me know the specific sets where the html is missing? You may email me directly - dena@ngccoin.com