• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'90-CC Morgan dollar

21 posts in this topic

I'd go MS-64. A couple of "carbon spots" and minor marks just take it out of the MS-65 class, but since it is a CC dollar and since those coins sometimes get some breaks, you might get an MS-65 out of it.

The carbon spots and the cuts on her face are what keep that girl out of gem. Have you thought of trying Cindy Crawford's Meaningful Beauty Advanced Formula on her? It's made from melons in France.

Posted this on the PCGS forums but I'd be interested in seeing what you guys think too, since I know not everybody crosses the street.

9edcc1c6-7ccd-4e20-9a38-42a682c35b92.jpg

597cc22f-3dc3-4e1c-a9f5-9a3a2ca05075.jpg

As always, judging from the pictures. This coin has full claim to MS65. The strike is strong for a CC minted Morgan, the luster is very good, fields are clear of distracting hits, carbon spots not strongly negative, very minor focal area hits. The plus grades are a way for TPG's of getting around the price jump between MS64 and MS65. (My biased opinion)

IMHO, This coin in all technical and objective aspects is MS65. I hope it was not "market graded" as MS64. Is it in an older NGC holder?

Carl

It's a heck of a lot nicer than that NGC 64 CAC, I'll say that much. I stand by my 64+ grade. I'd be pumped if it went 65, that would be my biggest hit yet.

Will you be sending it in for grading? (I'm thinking you will). If yes, will you update the thread with the results?

Of course I'll update with results. It probably won't go in for quite a while, my PCGS membership has lapsed and there is no point to reupping just to send one coin in. I'll wait until I have 20 or so ready to go. Hopefully by Sept-Oct.

The 5 is a legit 5 and the 4 just squeezed in for the luster. Throw out that compensating factor, it's a 3. The 5 won't get what it's asking for the spot.