• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: 1902 PROOF INDIAN CENT

37 posts in this topic

To Curry,

To avoid getting into the argument, I'll comment on your FIRST comment to this thread only.

"Well for starters it's raw so that already is sort of not so good."

Your comment has two problems with it:

A. You don't post negative comments on someone's coins they post here, unless they ask for opinions. Posting negative comments on someone's BST thread is EVEN WORSE!

To me, it's seems impolite and just shows disrespect.

If I see a coin that is misrepresented (not the case here!), has a problem that is not described (again, not the case here!!), I'd just move on, or maybe PM the seller or post a question, nicely.

B. Read your comment again. That first comment only. Basically what it says is: "this coin is not certified by a TPG, so it is not good".

SERIOUSLY?? I don't need to elaborate on how that statement is a problem

I mean, if you really believe that, then you have a lot to learn. Nothing wrong with learning about the hobby slowly, but until you learn the basics, you should NOT judge coins and comment on them in this manner. Come on, man. Only certified coins are "good"? How's this coin "not so good" in your eyes based only on the fact that it is raw? There were no certified coins until not too long ago, so the big collectors 75 years ago all had "bad" coins?

Also, don't get caught up on the English part.

The OP got annoyed with the content of your comment and the fact that you posted it in HIS BST THREAD, which is something you really shouldn't do, and that's why he came back at you on the English thing. English is not my first language and I'm not 100% fluent in it, but as long as I'm respectful in my posts here and don't get on anyone's nerves, it never bothers anyone.

To OP,

This was a very nice coin in my opinion, and at a GREAT price. I think it was a great deal for whoever purchased it. I like it a lot.

What excuse does he have for using the teenager stereotype on me. Guess what not just teens do it many other older aged people do it too. I don't care what a person says there is no right for that. That would be like me saying that old people need glasses and that they are all unable to function properly. But I can't say that because not everyone is like that. Same for me. So his comment was still out of line. I see you want to kind of defend him because of my comment but his comment made can't be excused.

I was NOT defending him, i'm not affiliated with the OP and not even sure we've ever done business before.. maybe once.

but to you question, let me shoot it back to you: what right do YOU have to go on HIS selling thread, and bash his coin THAT HE IS TRYING TO SELL HERE?

I can see why it would upset him. I know it would upset ME for sure..

I just didnt feel it was good. The forum made me feel that some critisism would be good so we can improve the look. But as i see it has seemed to backfire on me. So now i dont know as everything i learned to do to be "respected has backfired on me.

Also i just realized he said to end the comments on the post. So if you want to reply, send me a pm and we can talk it out.

I just didnt feel it was good. The forum made me feel that some critisism would be good so we can improve the look. But as i see it has seemed to backfire on me. So now i dont know as everything i learned to do to be "respected has backfired on me.

And everyone makes mistakes, and that's something that everyone can learn from. You apologized and there isn't really much left to say. I post again to make it clear that I don't think any of the posters responding to the exchange of posts between the two of you is attempting to gang up on or demonize either one of you. I sense that both you and the OP may have felt otherwise, so I thought it was worth addressing. Rather, the hope is to show how problems can be created and how to avoid issues in the future.

And everyone makes mistakes, and that's something that everyone can learn from. You apologized and there isn't really much left to say. I post again to make it clear that I don't think any of the posters responding to the exchange of posts between the two of you is attempting to gang up on or demonize either one of you. I sense that both you and the OP may have felt otherwise, so I thought it was worth addressing. Rather, the hope is to show how problems can be created and how to avoid issues in the future.

I understand. I guess ill just stay away from topics i may disagree with or act negatively. But then again ill remain a tool 26 36 and so on so i guess i cant change. But ill see. Good night to u if its night for u.

Hey, you're 16 - bound to make some mistakes ( I sure did when I was).

That's how everyone learns. Don't get discouraged.

No women or small children perished as a result.

Learn from this and move on (thumbs u

I understand. I guess ill just stay away from topics i may disagree with or act negatively. But then again ill remain a tool 26 36 and so on so i guess i cant change. But ill see. Good night to u if its night for u.

It is my understanding that the generally practiced protocol is not to be critical of coins posted for sale by members on the Money Marketplace, unless there is some type of misrepresentation by the seller. That is very different from expressing your opinion (even a negative one) on other subjects/coins on other forums, here. Don't be discouraged.