• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeffs need adjustment...

8 posts in this topic

I just added an MS63FS example of a 1962-D to my classic Jeffs set. What? you say? Yup, MS63. Here's what there is to say about it (my registry description)...

3 points in the registry!!! lol! (And the next grade up is worth 395 points in full steps???) Oh well, you get the picture! This coin is so darn hard to find with full steps, I'll settle for what I can get. Indeed, it is (believe it or not) one of the rarest in any mint state condition with full steps. Anyhow, this coin is not pretty. It is another example of PCGS slabbing a coin with stuff on the surface. I'd send it to be conserved, but then PCGS would probably body bag it for having been cleaned! Sigh. It's also a 5-stepper and just makes the designation. Still rare as hen's teeth. NGC has graded none of these coins - that's because 6-step examples don't exist. PCGS has graded only 13 in MS63, 28 in MS64, and 1 in MS65 with none higher. Now for a coin where over 280 million were struck, that's some pretty rare air!

Hoot

To follow up, what I intend by the above post is that many of the point scores are only nominal in the lower mint state grades and probably also in lower grades. This is a problem in ths series and others. There are ample examples where coins of a particular grade and designation require the registry scores to be considered over a broader range.

Please add some more to this list.

Hoot

I remember now!!! Ken's NGC weighted Coin of the Week! smile.gif

Excellent!

Ken: Please start another thread with just that title! You can list the first coin picks that you made a week or so ago, and so on! It's a true honor! laugh.gif

Hoot

I think Arch already started the Coin of The Week thread. grin.gif Anyway thats what I am useing it for. If I start a Coin of The Week thread I'll probably get Hammered on some more from the Members here, and I just cant take that any mooooore !! smile.gif

I have been trying to rationalize the Half-dollar, USA Type Set for a couple days and I still do not quite understand thje rationale.

Also, the AU section (should be be 4 sections for Classic Coins), AU50, AU53, AU55, AU58. This spread may for gold and for some silver coins add up to $1000's. Nuff said!

Otherwise, I laud your efforts and salute your steps in the right direction. Oh what a job this must be. You can never make all of us Gadflys quiet, but keep going and thanks for trying. tongue.gif