• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WEEK 618 T.G.I.F !!!!!

12 posts in this topic

• Administrator

QUESTION:

Which British Colonies issued circulating contemporary coinage titled under Edward VIII?

This weeks winner will receive a copy of Numismatic Art in America, 2nd edition by Cornelius Vermeule

There will also be a runner up prize given to a selected player with the correct answer.

REMINDER: The Numisma-Quest ends on Saturday at midnight EST. Entries after that time will not be valid. See the Trivia info post for more details.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!

new guinea, fiji, british east africa and british west africa all issued coins for circulation bearing edward VIII legend, and the indian states of jaipur and kutch issued coins bearing his name in local -script

Which British Colonies issued circulating contemporary coinage titled under Edward VIII?

British West Africa, East Africa and Fiji

British territories of East Africa and West Africa and Indian Princely States of Kutch and Jodhpur

QUESTION:

This weeks winner will receive a copy of Numismatic Art in America, 2nd edition by Cornelius Vermeule

There will also be a runner up prize given to a selected player with the correct answer.

REMINDER: The Numisma-Quest ends on Saturday at midnight EST. Entries after that time will not be valid. See the Trivia info post for more details.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!

[font:Arial Black]During the short reign of Edward VIII -- 20 January 1936 until his abdication on 11 December 1936 -- no colonial coins were issued bearing his portrait. However several coins were issued by the states of Kutch and Jodphur that bore his name in Indian -script.[/font]

Tough question but interesting one. Here are the ones I got

British North Borneo

Southern Rhodesia

Gold Coast

British West Africa

South Africa

Sierra Leone

East Africa

I'm probably missing a few and I didn't count the India Princely States because I wasn't sure if they were a proper colony. I also didn't count any of the British Protectorates since there is a distinction between protectorate and colony. Again it's a tough question for someone who doesn't do much in World Coins. Good luck to all contestants this week.

-TSG

• Administrator

NO WINNER THIS WEEK!

QUESTION:

Answer: British East Africa

British West Africa

Fiji

India - Jaipur

India - Jodhpur

India - Kutch

New Guinea

Thank you for playing and please stop by this Friday for the PMG Numisma-Quest question