• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nearly 60 but can not retire and just was laid off posted by walnutto

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

See anything you like below, let me know

WOW... One can never really be prepared when you get laid off from work. When you get close to retirement age and realize you may never get to really retire, it does get depressing. Doesn't matter how old you are when it happens, it feels the same way. Problem is that I have three grown children and all of them are out of work as well. I been trying to help out with two of them moved back home...again. Most of you have already experienced this yourself. I was the only one working trying to hold it together. Anyways...sorry to blabber on... When you are a Veteran.. you always believe you already experienced life like no one else and tend not to share life's difficult times.

I know this is not the place to do this so forgive me. Give me a shout if you are interested in the items listed below. All just graded from NGC, the quarters have the flag label on them with the America the Beautiful on it as well.

2014 P 1C MS 67 RD

2014 P SHENANDOAH 25C MS 67

2014 P EVERGLADES 25C MS 68

2014 P EVERGLADES 25C MS 67

2014 P EVERGLADES 25C MS 68

2014 P GREAT SMOKY MOUNTAINS 25C MS 68

2014 P ARCHES 25C MS 68

2014 D 50C MS 67

See more journals by walnutto

Sorry about the job loss.

If you are in the Washington DC/mid-Atlantic area, PM me with your field of expertise....maybe I can point you toward something.

sorry about the job loss.. hope everything works out for you soon!

I know this is not the place to do this so forgive me.

then maybe post it in the correct place for sales (the money marketplace), where it will get a lot more attention from potential buyers. that is the place where buyers check for coin sales...

First, thank you for your service to your country.

Second, I am sorry to hear about your current situation. . . in time, I pray that better times comes to you and your family.

As for mentioning your coins that you have up for sale, IMHO, I see no issue of you posting it here on this site first, so the ones who are closest to you in regards to coin collecting get "first dibs." I feel, with my coins, that I would rather I sell/give my coins to someone who means a little bit more to me then a perfect stranger. . . Staying in the family sort of thing. Again, IMHO.

With that said but, knowing how the current V.A. events are unfolding, have you attempted to apply for V.A. military disability benefits? I know that this is a very private issue with veterans so, you do not have to reply to my question. Just ponder the possibility because the V.A. has modified their disability application policies that allows older military Veterans to apply. I have this discussion, due to the work that I do, with most Veterans that I come into contact. Just keep reminding yourself, and others who try to keep you from applying, that it WILL take time. But, the VA "system" does work.

http://www.resurrection-mission.com

Semper Fi !

Jack