• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have to log-in every time I visit Great Collections.....

17 posts in this topic

Anyone else have this problem ?

Every time I hit the site, even though I click the 'keep me signed in' box. It doesn't matter what computer I'm using, I have to sign in every time.

Paul

It has been the same with me, but when I go to the log in screen my name and password are already entered I just have to hit the log in button. For me that's not an issue.

Every time I hit the site, even though I click the 'keep me signed in' box. It doesn't matter what computer I'm using, I have to sign in every time.Paul

Yup, I had the exact same experience, and complained to Ian, but he did nothing to fix it, if he even could have.

Contact them - they are far more likely to be able to help you than readers of this thread can.

Call the presses...this is maybe the one time I will ever disagree with Mark!

Of course, this one has nothing to do with any coin issue....

It is likely an issue on the user's browser side of the house. I have seen similar where it acts like mentioned on one machine but the way it is expected on another. Difference was browser/OS.

Personally, I am not sure of the setting, if any, to help make it work, or any of the exactness to better understand the issue, but having seen it behave both ways, on 2 different machines, using the same login/wifi/etc etc etc (all in the span of just a few minutes) in similar situations, I firmly believe it isn't server side but is client side.

Others may well know more specifics.

Every time I hit the site, even though I click the 'keep me signed in' box. It doesn't matter what computer I'm using, I have to sign in every time.Paul

Yup, I had the exact same experience, and complained to Ian, but he did nothing to fix it, if he even could have.

Remember that Ian must go through his programmers and IT department and that takes time. As someone with programming experience, I can tell you that looking for compatibility issues or bugs in a code can take a very long time. Moreover, I bet GC contracts this out rather having someone in house, making them at the mercy of their contractor.

I stay signed in to many websites. If I can get somewhere by clicking a single link then that is my preference.

You must be a signer-out on your various accounts.

To each his own I guess.....

Paul

You could ask Ian Russell via PM here. He really doesn't post here, except to advertise his auctions but I'm sure he'd get your PM.

I stay signed in to many websites. If I can get somewhere by clicking a single link then that is my preference.

You must be a signer-out on your various accounts.

To each his own I guess.....

Paul

sure, that works and best wishes john :)

Every time I hit the site, even though I click the 'keep me signed in' box. It doesn't matter what computer I'm using, I have to sign in every time.

Paul

Thanks for bringing this up - will add to our IT team's to-do list. If you can, please e-mail me what browsers you are using (to ian@greatcollections.com) just to help narrow it down.

Regards,

- Ian

Remember that Ian must go through his programmers and IT department and that takes time. As someone with programming experience, I can tell you that looking for compatibility issues or bugs in a code can take a very long time. Moreover, I bet GC contracts this out rather having someone in house, making them at the mercy of their contractor.

We did fix one sign-in problem about a year ago, with it saving the username and password, however, clearly we need to re-test and find out what is going on.

I'll prioritize it again. (Our IT team is dedicated to GreatCollections, even though I pay a company for it, I happily manage the priorities for new features, bug fixing and so forth. They do a really good job. We're up to new feature #4055 as of today (since we launched in 2010). About 200-250 items are still open, mostly low priority stuff.

- Ian

Just to confirm. You're referring to this on the sign-in page, right?

>>>

Remember me for future visits?

Recommended if you are using your regular computer for accessing GreatCollections

This is meant to save your username and password so you don't need to re-type. It doesn't keep you signed in for longer. If it's not saving it, it could be a browser issue (that we can't control), but I definitely want to look into it.

This does work on Safari and Firefox (just tested now). If readers are still having issues, please let me know the browser and if possible, the version of the browser. My e-mail is ian@greatcollections.com

Thanks,

- Ian

I guess I do not see a big problem here. I have to re-log into the Collector Society just about every time I open it up too. On both CS and Great Collections, my computer automatically fills in the login info and I hit enter. Takes all of ten seconds.

Just to confirm. You're referring to this on the sign-in page, right?

>>>

Remember me for future visits?

Recommended if you are using your regular computer for accessing GreatCollections

Yes, that's correct.

I'm using Firefox version 29.0.1.......It remembers me as long as I don't turn off the computer. If I re-boot, I'm forgotten.

Thank you !

Paul