• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1920S FH Standing Liberty Quarter posted by Kaiser14

22 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Looking for grading opinions

Take a look at this 1920S SLQ. I've cracked it out and sent it to PCGS for grading a three times and got different grades back each time. Full head for sure (came back FH each time)---the head is beast for the issue---so not concerned with that, just want some opinions as to numeric grade. Not going to say what I think it is/should be. Just looking for a few opinions. Thanks !!!

15499.png

See more journals by Kaiser14

I could see it as 64FH. Id love to have it in my collection. Great looking quarter. Id be curious to hear what PCGS graded it, Im guessing anywhere from 62-64.

My guess would be MS63FH, but I can't tell for certain that it's mint state.

I think the grade is limited by the flatness on Ms. Liberty's right leg and thigh (to viewers left).

Thanks for the opinions, folks. It's a 62FH. I was thinking that 63FH is not out of the question. I'll try a few more re-grades, but don't think I'll crack it again.

What is the diff between a 20S 62FH and a 63FH, $800, $1000 ? How much in fees for this? Waiting for the opening bell..

BTW check my profile to see what I buy....

Actually, I bought this coin raw for $250, so I have a bit to play around with. The difference between 2 and 3 is $800-$1,000, yes, but I have to sit on a 2 for 6 months. A 3 is gone in 6 days.

Somerville NJ, we are natural enemies, lol !!! Gmen-Pats, Yanks- Bosox, etc ..... buts lots of respect...... GO Rangers !!!!!! ( I am old school, no Devils when I grew up....)

Cheers !

Rich

It's the same coin whether it's in a 61, 63, or 64 holder, so when one re-grades, it's always about the money. I've loved many coins I didn't, wouldn't or couldn't buy because of the money. And, I'm not (and none of us are) the Smithsonian.

For me its certainly both, as my personal collecting philosophy is to carefully consider if the coin (asset) is worth owning and offers long term potential.

If the coin meets this criteria, I will buy it, enjoy it, and then most likely continue to study the series for other complementary purchases

So what am I ? A collector or an investor ? Maybe a collector - investor hybrid ?

For me its certainly both, as my personal collecting philosophy is to carefully consider if the coin (asset) is worth owning and offers long term potential.

If the coin meets this criteria, I will buy it, enjoy it, and then most likely continue to study the series for other complementary purchases

So what am I ? A collector or an investor ? Maybe a collector - investor hybrid ?

You're not alone, as I think that there are a majority of people (myself included) who think this way.

The SLQ has an extremely full head (even for the designation), although I can imagine it as a 63, I agree with the 62 grade. It looks like a 62 FH that I once owned.

Hey Frank, nice pick up ...

Without the coin in hand it's tough to call the grade.

I'd throw out MS 63 FH... But it's already been there.

Once you got the 64, why'd you crack it out ?