• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What and how ?

22 posts in this topic

What do you hope to gain from this forum and how do you go about trying to achieve it? For instance, do you typically bring up subjects of interest to you? Read any post that has a title that sounds interesting? Ask questions of NGC representatives? Ask questions of forum members through personal/private messages? A combination of the above? Perhaps you don't have a game plan regarding how to obtain the information you are seeking?

I am new to this board and apologize if these questions have already been asked in the recent past.

I'll be out of town at the Long Beach coin show beginning later today, through Saturday and might not be able to get back on this forum before I return. But, I'd very much like to know the answers to these and many other questions!

I don't have a grandiose agenda for being around here. Mostly, I just like to socialize, be it about coins, sports, politics, or even dogs.

My principle avocation is numismatics, and this place has my kind of ``feel'' to it.

EVP

And for the agenda-free answer tongue.gifwink.gif

If I have a coin-related question, I just post away if I want a lot of opinions. If I have a specific question that I know a board member can help with and don't need a lot of answers, a PM might suffice (especially helpful for auction lot advice when you don't want 200+ seeing what lot you're interested in). And if I see a thread where I want to learn more, or think I can provide an answer, then I wade in.

So far, this board tends to convey more information without the added bonus of someone bashing your coin or you, which seems to be a lot more frequent on other boards.

I come here for not only the coin talk, but the interaction by actual NGC people. It's nice to ask a question and actually get an answer. I like the fact that if there is some NGC policy I don't like I can express my opinion and someone from NGC will address that policy. It's unbelievable, but I've seen policy change more than once due to people posting things here. shocked.gif

The fact that 90%+ of the posts here are of a higher level of coin talk keeps me coming back. While I would like a lot more traffic here, it is nice that almost all the posts here are intelligent and thought provoking.

It's nice that there are NGC graders here that will answer questions about grading. I like to hear what they are looking for.

And last but not least, I come here because it is one more place to take shots at keithdagen. tongue.gifwink.gifwink.gifwink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

This is a great place to relax and get away from the termoil of disagreement of the mundane and ordinary. Not that I don't enjoy a good coin "discussion" or two, but this is home away from home.

These NGC forums are like swinging on a hamick.

I have come here to convince NGC to throw us a big party in Janurary at FUN. My first trip there and plan on spending some money, meeting the people from NGC and any forum members that will be there. If that all works out I might start submitting coins for grading. wink.gif On a more serious note, not that I am not serious about the party. This forum is informative, there are a whole lot of nice folk who frequent here, and very importantly to me there is interaction between NGC and the collectors who come here.

IrishMike, I like your way of thinking and I wouldn't be shocked if NGC took you up on your suggestion.

Piggely- I never complain about the whether! Gotta love it.

Regarding Coin clubs? I don't belong to any. -I'm barely a member of the ANA...

Basically come here everyday and Lurk to read the Coin information and learn about other coin series I do not collect. Rarely start a thread here because none of the Merc Dime collectors come to this Forumn. Post on occasion and sometimes get carried away so try to refrain from that now also. smile.gif

Ken

I come here to learn - whatever I can learn

I come here to share - whatever knowledge I can share

I come here to laugh - why at all the regulars of course grin.gif

but most of all - I come here because I just love coins.

Oh come on Ken! We can always hear your radical thoughts of adjusting registry scores based on true rarity RINGING in the backs of our heads!!! laugh.gifwink.gif

What would we do without our very own fishing lure expert?! laugh.gifshocked.gifsmile.gif

Hoot

a great post mark feld!!!!!!!!! i would like to come on here and l;earn more about coins information that will help me better understand the coins i am interested in the market in general and all the information i can get about the market as it pertains to gradiong services coin sellers new news and also anything realted to federal us coinage

and also to maybe offer some of my advice and coin experience with outers and/or my views and opoininos so in the end when all is said and done some might have some information to make a better informed decsison for themselvs in coins and waht they want to do in coins

sincerely michael

hi there john!...........lol

keepp the good work!

now i might not be the best speller and i think i have lots to say and it comes out fast and then on

to the next thing.......lol

but in terms of intergrity and honesty

with respect to federal usa coinage i am a legend in my own mind.....lol

just ask mark!!

sincerely michael laugh.gifblush.gifsmile.gif

I enjoy reading about coins. It's interesting to hear what other people think and helps me to understand the hobby and the markets. I try to jump in whenever I can contribute or have a strong opinion.

I think the biggest reason I come here, and the pcgs board, is to shoot the breeze, concerning coins. When I'm home, the only one around here who wants to here anything concerning coins is my dog, and she's pretty old, and I don't think she can hear me anyways. I'm usually too busy to poke around in the open forums, but I'll shoot over there on occasion. I don't start a ton of posts, and reply to a small amount, but I read almost all of them. I go for the posts with titles that sound interesting first, then filter through the rest.

All I have for coin company is a bird on my shoulder while I'm at the computer and can't even get her to say 'Pieces of Eight'. So it's good interaction.

I almost never start a thread and reply sparingly but read almost all of them start to finish. There's a lot to learn. Not just a lot of good informed opinions and feedback from NGC on a variety of topics but also some good banter by folks with a good sense of humor.

Some of the jokes and barbs are funny laugh.gif