• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Great by SAM ESALE

24 posts in this topic

Yeah......that's not looking too good. I think you've got some China specials on your hands, unfortunately.

Are you collecting fakes Sam E? There's great little con in Colorado -- no import license needed.

A Silver Collector!! I have a few friends that buy these type bullion coins over real mint coins. A simple cost of $20 an oz. or so. :grin:

What ya got there Sam ---- 8 oz. SILVER ???

I'm going to guess they are all base metal... Rick, I'd bet he'd take you up at $20 per coin!!

Well I do invest in silver but I choose real silver coins over bullion stuff. I have many silver proof sets, silver premier sets, modern commemorative silver dollars in mint packaging, pre 64 mint sets and pages of pre 1964 coinage. :)

I would trade graded coins for silver bullion pieces. They are instant cash to me that pays 10% under melt so I guess $20 is a little high of a offer. Silver @ $19.73 an oz. pays $17.75 at the melt shop. :)

The usual cost for these bullion pieces at any silver melt shop is $1 over melt value.

Man I hate talking down other peoples coins but those coin almost look like the plastic toy coins that come with toy cash registers. Or maybe if you remove the foil you'll find a nice candy treat. Anyway my point is even someone like me who only collects coins from 1946 to date is that I took one look at that photo and knew something was wrong.

I like the way that the Walker Half Dollar ( dated 1900) is the exact same size as the trade dollar and morgan dollar---

I would say if you bit into one of those you would find chocolate but those are usually the gold ones. Just saying

Favorite desert for the day!! ---- Silver coated CHOCOLATE!! (thumbs u

Man I hate talking down other peoples coins but those coin almost look like the plastic toy coins that come with toy cash registers. Or maybe if you remove the foil you'll find a nice candy treat. Anyway my point is even someone like me who only collects coins from 1946 to date is that I took one look at that photo and knew something was wrong.

Mike,

You would be amused to find out how many people actually collect Silver scrap coins like these just for their silver content. --- Hoping that they will see the day that the U.S. dollar falls and they will have a melt value that they purchased with their money today later on!!

Some guys just stock up on all kinds of silver stuff. It is what they collect!! :whee:

He's in the wrong place for sure. There seems to be a lot of fake coins being posted around here lately for some reason.

It's all fun in collecting!! We are all coin collectors here. There are no short cards in the deck -- just what you have in your hand at the time. I like to read all the posts from the little guy to the big and of course expect a nice pic when someone gets something REALLY GREAT to SHOW OFF!! :grin:

Judgmental ???

On coins ---- YES!!

On people --- NO!! :)