• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1939-D Merc Dime MS-68 with CAC *Pics Added*

13 posts in this topic

Nice coin and the old fatty looks pretty sweet too.

Back in the day somebody had a great submission (#503088). Yours is -14 and here's a couple more from the same submission:

503088-005

503088-015

I saw that. At that time did NGC grade FSB? From my pics is mine a FSB?

Thank You.

Nice coin and the old fatty looks pretty sweet too.

Back in the day somebody had a great submission (#503088). Yours is -14 and here's a couple more from the same submission:

503088-005

503088-015

I saw that. At that time did NGC grade FSB? From my pics is mine a FSB?

Thank You.

Yes they did and couple other pieces in that submission hit the jackpot with a MS68 FB designation.

503088-002

503088-003

Your images don't have the resolution necessary to see if NGC might go FB if they saw it again.

The 39-D is almost hard to find without FB. Your pictures are too dark for me to tell anything. FB on that isn't going to do very much for that coin, anyway, in my opinion. Find a 39 in FB, now you're taking.

From those images, it looks neither 68 nor FB. Now, if you posted decent pictures I might have a different opinion. ;)

The 39-D is almost hard to find without FB. Your pictures are too dark for me to tell anything. FB on that isn't going to do very much for that coin, anyway, in my opinion. Find a 39 in FB, now you're taking.

While I doubt that the coin is deserving of the FB designation, you are incorrect in saying "FB on that isn't going to do very much for that coin, anyway, in my opinion". Using round numbers, the "FB" designation would add roughly $1000 in value to the approximate $200 non-FB value.

Here are some new pics. It's about the best I can do with my camera and photo skills.

IMG_0815_zps36b07c4d.jpg

IMG_0814_zps9d48dd30.jpg

IMG_0813_zps0cda1b8b.jpg

Thanks for looking

It clearly must have more eye appeal and luster than I can see from the pics shown.

CAC just worrys about the grade and does not verify designation do they? So if they miss the FB or FBL they could still get CAC sticker couldn't they?

While I doubt that the coin is deserving of the FB designation, you are incorrect in saying "FB on that isn't going to do very much for that coin, anyway, in my opinion". Using round numbers, the "FB" designation would add roughly $1000 in value to the approximate $200 non-FB value.

That's right. It's what the seller is going to feel he's entitled to ask for it, anyway. It's idiotic, in my opinion, as the 39-D is probably scarcer in no-FB than in FB. But somebody will pay it, I'm sure.