• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1826 & 1832 Capped Bust Halves

6 posts in this topic

I got these coins a couple weeks ago and I just wanted to see what others thought about a possible grade. I have my thoughts, but let's hear what you all think about these! If anyone could also provide me with the Overton #'s, that would be helpful as well. Thanks!

1826CBHObv_zpsfff32404.jpg

1826CBHRev_zps2c3dcc94.jpg

1832CBHObv_zps364cd5a5.jpg

1832CBHRev_zpsedc0dabf.jpg

I got these coins a couple weeks ago and I just wanted to see what others thought about a possible grade. I have my thoughts, but let's hear what you all think about these! If anyone could also provide me with the Overton #'s, that would be helpful as well. Thanks!

1826CBHObv_zpsfff32404.jpg

1826CBHRev_zps2c3dcc94.jpg

1832CBHObv_zps364cd5a5.jpg

1832CBHRev_zpsedc0dabf.jpg

The 1826 is an O-116. I'd say XF. The irregular coloration of the fields bothers me a bit. The rim ding on the Reverse is borderline acceptable. I lean toward a details grade.

The 1832 is an O-111. AU details. The Reverse shows hairlines from an abrasive cleaning as well as some corrosion spots.

Carl

I agree with XF details on the 26' and AU details on the 32', but I think the 26' might squeeze into a problem free holder on a good day.

I agree with XF details on the 26' and AU details on the 32', but I think the 26' might squeeze into a problem free holder on a good day.
ill go along with that one as well. jmo

I like the 26 better, a more uniform look, love the silvery grey. The 32 has more meat, just not a big fan of the inconsistent look. XF on the 26 and AU on the 32, what degree of XF and AU, up to the graders. Nice job with the images.