• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please report listing.

46 posts in this topic

I sent the seller a message informing them that the slab is fake and the listing had been reported several times. I got a response a few minutes later and the seller has ended the listing.

I contacted him too a few hours ago once I had the ammunition from this thread.

He had 18 bids and the coin was over $750.....if the coin was legit, what's fair value for it ?

900ish. But rest assured the coin is not legit. These guys know their stuff on these boards. I honestly noticed the slab right away because of the bold font. But in passing I would not notice that coin itself until the diagnostics were pointed out.

900ish. But rest assured the coin is not legit. These guys know their stuff on these boards. I honestly noticed the slab right away because of the bold font. But in passing I would not notice that coin itself until the diagnostics were pointed out.

That CoinFacts App looks like a godsend to an 'idoit' like me on counterfeits/bad slabs. Gonna definitely look into it tonight.

Thanks to all that reported it, sometimes Ebay needs multiple complaints to pull the listing. Another buyer saved from the hassle of finding out it's fake and a bit of education on the endless problem of counterfeit coins n slabs.

Actually, I contacted the guy -- maybe someone else here did -- and thanks to all of your Points Of Fraud :grin: I believe it was him who yanked it.

He seemed genuinely surprised, asked me why I thought it was a fraud.

I feel bad for the guy if he unknowingly bought the coin and now can't sell it for what he paid or a decent profit.

Actually, I contacted the guy -- maybe someone else here did -- and thanks to all of your Points Of Fraud :grin: I believe it was him who yanked it.

He seemed genuinely surprised, asked me why I thought it was a fraud.

I feel bad for the guy if he unknowingly bought the coin and now can't sell it for what he paid or a decent profit.

He can return it to where it bought it from or report them to the cops if they will not refund his money.

So kjoe502's Morgan, itself, is a counterfeit, copy, or replica (without a word on that coin)? Since some of you bring up that feathers on eagle are all wrong, I can see that.

With the CoinFacts app on your iPhone (I'm not sure if it also works with Android) you can scan the bar code and it will show you the PCGS/CoinFacts information about that particular certified coin. I just tried with one of mine and it works.

Damn, the PCGS CoinFacts App isn't for Android, it's some other service.

I got the PCGS Price Guide and it's better than nothing (I think) but just checking my coins (1927 and 1924 Saints) it seems high in price by at least 15-20%.

Is this PCGS Photograde App any good ?

I don't know why the PCGS CoinFacts isn't out for Android (I have a Galaxy S4). :mad:

"This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available."

Not seeing any bidding or the item re-listed.

If you scroll down on page I linked, it shows all seller cancelled bids.

What is wrong with the coin ?
It's overgraded by the guys who put it into the fake PCGS slab.

Wow...how'd you realize it's a FAKE PCGS slab ?

EDIT: I just compared the 'fake' Eagle and a real one from Wikepedia and I can't tell the difference. You guys have much sharper eyes than me !

It's not even the right font!