• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clarification on wait times for grading posted by Larz13

5 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

How long is it really if the estimated wait time changes while your coins were "Scheduled for Grading"?

OK...I submitted some coins at the FUN show in Orlando and they have been scheduled for grading for quite some time, which was expected since the estimated time for Economy service was 28 days when these were submitted. This week, I noticed now that the estimated time for Economy is now up to 35 days (probably with the Silver Eagles coming out creating a boatload of submissions). While the "scheduled for grading" never gives a day of when that is scheduled, is there a way to determine if I can now expect to wait 35 days or the original 28 days?

Anyone else submit Economy at the FUN show and receive their coins yet? Curious.

Bonus picture below:

15104.jpg

See more journals by Larz13

You can totally forget estimated wait times, they mean nothing. I submitted notes in December under standard $$$ with a 14 business day turnaround. Well after deducting Chirstmas, New Years, arrival day at PMG and another day for arrival to me; it still took over 50% longer to receive than estimated time. I paid a lot extra for 14 days which took 23 days even after the credit for 4 days above. I know an extra week doesn't sound long but it took almost as long as economy should have taken. There are no credits or guarantees, you're just at their mercy and whim. At least the economy estimate dates were changed to 45 days so you have a clue. I found with coins and notes just submitt and forget, that's all you can do.

Well, I have a feeling we'll be waiting longer. I submitted two orders at FUN in tiers with estimated waiting times of 12 days -- and both are still sitting in "Scheduled for Grading". If yours has a waiting time of 28 days, I think it could still be quite a while. (shrug)

Grading submissions are always a test of my patience, and I've learned that there's not really a big hurry. They will get here when they get here. I'm not a dealer/seller, so these are all coins that will remain in my collection anyway (I guess there's more of a "hurry" if you're a dealer and you need these for your inventory).

Good luck!

I only submit economy and have just conditioned myself to expect 45 days to 2 months. If they get home before the two months is up that's a win.

It's just the game we play.

I submitted 5 coins under the Early Bird just recently and they too stayed in Scheduled for Grading for a while, then in Grading for just a couple of days, They were finalized on the 12th day, or really close to it depending on whether you count the day they receive them.

So it looks like they were on schedule for the Early Bird of 12 days turnaround in my case.

Maybe yours will just fly through the remaining steps. Happens like that often.