• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

10 oz Stagecoach Bar ... real or not?

7 posts in this topic

I was in a coin shop the other day and noticed a 10 ounce silver bar with the familiar NWT Mint stagecoach design. Never seen one of these before, only the one ouncers, and after doing a bit on online searching find no mention of them. I am wondering if they are legit or Chinese in origin?

Thanks for any feedback.

Got my answer by calling NWT Mint (thanks for the suggestion and weblink, Chris) .... they are copies as their bullion department said they were never made. Guess the Chinese, or someone else, took a good design and ran with it.

One error avoided :)

After seeing someone recently post that Ohio Precious Metals bar that was counterfeit and this, I don't think I would trust any eBay seller when buying bullion other than one of the major dealers such as Silvertowne, NWT, ect..

This is bad for everyone since a legitimate eBay seller, with many honest transactions may be selling these bars and not even aware that they are counterfeit.

Your heads-up may have saved some folks mucho dinero. (thumbs u

From the information gathered in this thread, all we know is that some silver bar somewhere was not made by NWT company. We really do not know if this bar is made of counterfeit materials or not.

Isn't this true?

Paul