• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Am Honored

15 posts in this topic

The last time I won a major NGC award other than a journal award was a best-presented set award four years ago. At that time, I wrote a post entitled, I Am Honored. Now four years later, I am still honored but with a slightly different twist.

Before I get started, I want to congratulate all the winners of this year's awards. That said I also want to thank all those who have congratulated me for the Most Informative Custom Set. Your kind comments mean more to me than you know. I also wish to thank the judges for recognizing my set among the 72,000 other sets in the Collectors Society Registry.

This time is much different for me in that I feel honored to know many of the other award winners. For instance I know all three (RichH, VUMC409, and jgenn) of this years journal award winners. Each of them, on numerous occasions, has commented on my posts as I have on theirs. Congratulations guys, NGC could not have selected three more worthy journalists! Furthermore, I have the utmost respect for each of these people and their knowledge of numismatics. When they talk, I listen.

Next, I know four of the five winners of the Best Presented awards, two of which I know closely and the other two from their occasional posts on the Collectors Society boards.

JAA/USA Philippines Collection and coin928 have been very supportive of my collecting interests. I have appreciated their encouraging friendship and look forward to many more years of continued friendship with them. Additionally, when it comes to coins of the Philippines you will not find two people that are more knowledgeable then they are. They are also responsible for four major set awards and a journal award between them over the last two years. That is a quite an accomplishment and I congratulate them on their awards.

I only know in passing of SPHansen and Eagles-R-It from their occasional journal and message board posts. Their sets are impressive and worthy of the awards they have received, congratulations!

Finally, they say a person is known by the company he or she keeps. Well I'd say that I keep pretty good company here at Collectors Society and this is why I am honored and privileged.

Gary

See more journals by gherrmann44

Congratulations, Gary, on your latest award.

Your dedication and zeal are deservedly commended. Most Creative, Best Presented and Most Informative are stupendous achievements. Your award winning journals have been the model and inspiration for mine, and if that's not as obvious as I think it is, well it's high time that I acknowledge it.

~jack

I am the fifth 'Best Presented Set' winner. Though I don't know you, personally, I have been posting here for over four years, now, and I have commented on many of your posts. Congratulations to you! I enjoy reading your posts and keep up the GOOD work! :)

I am the fifth 'Best Presented Set' winner. Though I don't know you, personally, I have been posting here for over four years, now, and I have commented on many of your posts. Congratulations to you! I enjoy reading your posts and keep up the GOOD work! :)

I stand corrected! Five out of Five! I didn't make the connection of Walkerfan and JWalker being the same person! I've since looked at your collection and I compliment you on your ability to pick out the very best MS-64 Walker Halves. Congratulations on your award for an exceptional set.

All the best.

Gary

I stand corrected! Five out of Five! I didn't make the connection of Walkerfan and JWalker being the same person! I've since looked at your collection and I compliment you on your ability to pick out the very best MS-64 Walker Halves. Congratulations on your award for an exceptional set.

All the best.

Gary

Thanks, Gary----you, too----you deserve it!

Gary,

Your "Inspirational Ladies" set is very cool and I applaud the reasons behind it. Very well done. I'm very new to this hobby and one day hope to put together an inspired custom set such as yours, but I have not determined the theme as of yet.

Congratulations on all your awards!

Joe

Gary,

As I have said many times before, your sets are just simply motivating. Along with the in depth incite you bring to your coins, this latest award continues to show how much your sets mean to this society of collectors.

Congratulations on another job well done!

Michael

All of you here are wonderful and set good examples of collectors and the NGC Registry. You all give me a lofty goal to match and be a part of. Now that I am retired, I can spend more time to learn about our passion, coins.

A tot of grog to all hands.

Capt. Brian