• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1876S Trade Dollar Obv2/Rev 2 with chopmarks

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have a 1876S Trade Dollar with chopmarks, two on the obverse and two more chopmarks on the reverse. I think it is a scarce Obv2/Rev 2 variety. Can I submit it for certification? I assume it would get a "Details" rating because of the chopmarks. But if it is an Obv2/Rev 2 variety, would I be able to get that noted on the slab as well? Thanks for your help Robert

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

NGC will recognize that hub pairing under its VarietyPlus service. You'll need to check that box on the submission form and pay the $15 variety fee, in addition to whichever grading tier is selected.

You can find all of the NGC recognized varieties at the VarietyPlus webpage under the NGC RESEARCH header. Here's a direct link to that particular variety:

http://www.ngccoin.com/vp-variety.aspx?coinid=3299&PopSubCat=Trade-Dollars-1873-1885-T$1-