• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let's See Your Franklin Halves!!
1 1

80 posts in this topic

download your pictures to a free Photobucket account. Copy the IMG/URL of the pic then reply to your own post. Across the top of the reply window will be an icon for pictures. click it, a box appears, paste the link. bingo!!

Edited by Raisethis2

I tried uploading some more and it wasn't working.

I tried just copying the web address and that didn't work. Then tried right clicking on the image in photobucket and clicking on 'copy image location' and pasting that and it worked for my post above this one but didn't work at all after that

I only have one left over from a set I put together years ago. I sold the set but kept my 1955 Bugs Bunny in raw 63 if I recall. The set was in 63-64, only a couple FBL and only a couple slabbed. I need to grab it the next time I go to photograph something. Sure would be nice to do it this next week. Hmmm. :)

I really like the series. The proofs that Deerefan8420 posted are fantastic. Maybe if I revisit the series one day, I will do proofs. I should go look at a price guide to see how much trouble that would get me into.....

i only have three as of now, i sold my set, it was nothing special, this is nicest one i have now, i still like them as a series, but i am more interested in other series

143478.jpg.e1040cf82ee21e4e538576d3c6a8ecec.jpg

143479.jpg.f2bc9e991174180a94a1012ea43cdea3.jpg

Common date Franklin halves in Cam66 are a hundred bucks pretty regularly.

I recall trying to find them at shows in the 80's and never could find them. Now they're all over E-Bay in holders.

Nice looking album toned '52 Bsowa! :applause: What date/mm is your avatar? It sure looks nice. BTW, you might enjoy my Franklin sets, you'll see their links at the bottom of my post.

I might have one or two Franklins floating around. Given that we're coming up on Christmas, here's a matched pair I got from a Mint Set card...

Franklin58D_N66_ObObv.jpg

Franklin58D_N65_Revrev.jpg

Nice looking album toned '52 Bsowa! :applause: What date/mm is your avatar? It sure looks nice. BTW, you might enjoy my Franklin sets, you'll see their links at the bottom of my post.

It's a 57 D. Pretty cool toning on both obverse and reverse, unfortunately it's a little dark and really mutes the luster.

I have looked at your toned Franklin set and your proof set several times each. Both are very very nice, some incredible coins there.

i only have three as of now, i sold my set, it was nothing special, this is nicest one i have now, i still like them as a series, but i am more interested in other series

zboyle, did you get that coin off eBay last summer? I think I may have been bidding on that.

Nice looking Frankies everyone! :applause:

It's a 57 D. Pretty cool toning on both obverse and reverse, unfortunately it's a little dark and really mutes the luster.

I have looked at your toned Franklin set and your proof set several times each. Both are very very nice, some incredible coins there.

Thank you for your kind words.

That's a pretty '57-D. (thumbs u

Here's another Christmas colored one, only this one is a '48, which is a much tougher date/mm than the '58-D's to get with these colors.

scFR48-2sm.jpg

scFR48revsm.jpg

That's a pleasant looking '57-D. I see what you mean about cranking up the saturation level on the image.

I have indeed been collecting Franklins for about 25 years now. In the late 1980's and early 1990's I was predominantly into CAM/DCAM proofs with some toned business strike coins. Starting about 10 years ago I got MUCH more heavily involved in toned business strike Franklins. I find that there is much more variety of look, and they are not as "fragile" as proofs. I still like proofs, I just haven't bought any in quite some time.

Here's a '57-D of mine. It's an NGC MS65FBL. It came from a Mint Set '57-D card, and I also bought both Roosevelts and one of the Washingtons, as they all had this lovely toning.

Franklin57D_N65fbl.jpg

Franklin57D_N65fblRev.jpg

zboyle, did you get that coin off eBay last summer? I think I may have been bidding on that.

i did buy a 1959-p franklin in PL last summer, but i sold it since then, this one is 49-s

I think this is the only Franklin I own other than in proof sets. I got it from one of Airplanenut's online auctions for pancreatic cancer ATS. I placed a bid because I had no coin with my birth year on it at the time.

1958%20FRANKLIN%20PCGS%20MS66%20V.jpg

Congratulations on being born in 1958 JJ! It was a Great year to be born in. Here's another '58 for your viewing pleasure...

1958MSFrankie.jpg

1958MSFrankieRev.jpg

Hello & Greetings...

40 years ago, I set aside my coin collection with the challenges of raising a family and building a career. This year I retired, am a new Grandpa and opened up the old collection. I have lots of old stuff to sell off and decided to focus on purchasing PF 67 and better Franklin Proofs for trade whilst I work on securing investment coins for the future. My first purchase as a NGC Collectors Society member is an ANACS certified PF68 1960 50 cent. I assume as a new member, I must pass certain "probationary period" before I can post photos.

I do plan to have it placed into a new NGC slab once I receive the coin.

Glad to be aboard and look forward to sharing on this board

Edited by Hurricane4911

Hello & Greetings...

40 years ago, I set aside my coin collection with the challenges of raising a family and building a career. This year I retired, am a new Grandpa and opened up the old collection. I have lots of old stuff to sell off and decided to focus on purchasing PF 67 and better Franklin Proofs for trade whilst I work on securing investment coins for the future. My first purchase as a NGC Collectors Society member is an ANACS certified PF68 1960 50 cent. I assume as a new member, I must pass certain "probationary period" before I can post photos.

I do plan to have it placed into a new NGC slab once I receive the coin.

Glad to be aboard and look forward to sharing on this board

You can post pictures as soon as you like, I'd recommend Photobucket.

As far as mentioning selling or trading items goes, that should be in the NGC Collectors Society "Money Marketplace", (and/or at the equivalent PCGS "Buy, Sell, Trade" webpage). I assume you've already seen the Collectors Society assorted sites, but here is a link:

CS link

Welcome aboard! :hi:

Thank you all for the warm welcome...Skyman & JP...thanks for pointing me over to Photobucket

I have a lot of catching up to do. A lot has changed since the yearly Yeoman Price Guide days. I like the superior grade Franklin niche as they have been ignored for many years, contain serious silver content, and are difficult to locate in the over MS/PR67 level.

I have a few (not photographed coins at NGC for grading and slabbing, but here is my first Franklin purchase an ANACS 1960 PR68 Franklin. It's in transit to my home at this time and I will have it repackaged in an NGC slab.

1960FranklinPR68Obv_zps8852ffb4.jpg

1960FranklinPR68Rev_zpsdd297615.jpg

Cheers!