• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1881-S and 1882-CC Morgan Newps

16 posts in this topic

1881-S looks to be MS64.. Maybe 64*?

The 82-CC I can't comment on, but I can say its a PQ example .

here are 2 more pics of it:

75_zpsb893c2ce.jpg

76_zps912c2448.jpg

75_zpsb893c2ce.jpg

76_zps912c2448.jpg

Thanks! Your pics are way better then mine! I can never do my coins justice.

The 81-S pics do NOT represent this coin well either. They make the coin look worse. In hand, the surface is much less severe

P.S. thanks for the coin. She looks awesome with the rest of my Morgans!

75_zpsb893c2ce.jpg

76_zps912c2448.jpg

Thanks! Your pics are way better then mine! I can never do my coins justice.

The 81-S pics do NOT represent this coin well either. They make the coin look worse. In hand, the surface is much less severe

P.S. thanks for the coin. She looks awesome with the rest of my Morgans!

Haha believe me no one takes worse pictures than Me.

I had to send it to Shane to image for me.

About the 81-S, I was going to say the reverse looks a lot better than MS64, and the obverse fields are clean enough to be MS65 at least. I went with MS64 because of the cheek mainly, but it could be that the pics make it look worse than it actually is.

MS65 would not surprise me

Disregarding any information that may or may not be in the public domain, I would have blindly guessed that the first coin was in a MS65 holder and the second coin was a MS64+ shot MS65 (one photo shows additional chatter that the photos posted by Yonicoin did not reveal).

Both are 64* IMHO. The 81-s has fields/luster for a 65 obv, but cheek marks detract, marks around motto on rev enforce opinion, common coin does not help. GSA adds to the cc, but hit to face and strong hit to eagles breast detract - has a better shot at 65 than the 81-s though IMO.

1881 S MS64+

1882 CC MS65 (Like said earlier, CC factor + in GSA)

Before adding a star, I'd need to see them in hand. The toning on the 81-S looks very dark on the left obverse.

64 and 63

I'm right there as a buyer, easy. As an owner, gosh, I don't think I'm letting these go at those grades. KeeNoooo, just out of curiosity, what kind of holder is that on the '82-CC, "Silver Dollar," or "Uncirculated Silver Dollar?" I'm going to guess the first.