• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A common CC, how would you grade it?

17 posts in this topic

MS63. With the CC "forgiveness factor" Maybe MS64. There are quite a few hits in focal areas and the strike is not strong. Not possible to comment on luster from the pics. I'll stay with MS63.

Carl

MS63. With the CC "forgiveness factor" Maybe MS64. There are quite a few hits in focal areas and the strike is not strong. Not possible to comment on luster from the pics. I'll stay with MS63.

Carl

Carl, the strike on that coin looks fine and would not preclude a much higher grade if other factors did not limit it.

That's a classic "63 obverse" with a "65 reverse." What should the outcome be? I'd personally call it a 63+, but I wouldn't be surprised with a 64 if the luster is really nice (the luster doesn't really come through too well in these pics. If it did, there would be a lot less argument with the 64).

First, let me say that it's a beautiful coin. :foryou:

Twenty years ago that would be a 63, b/c it is limited by the amount of abrasions on the cheek and by some in the fields.

HOWEVER, in today's liberal grading market; I would NOT be surprised by a 64 grade.