• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the love of copper
4 4

2,487 posts in this topic

Nice looking copper Hard Times. i posted this 38 S Lincoln the other night as a recent addition to my 34-58 Lincoln CAC set. Lesson learned on this coin. I am normally meticulous when it comes to verifying certification numbers on coins. Bought the 38 S from a seller that i have been doing business with for a long time. Verified the NGC #s but I forgot to check them in the CAC database. 38 S NGC # is good but it does not show up in the CAC database. Failed to do my homework on this one. The seller is a top notch seller and he took care of it for me with no problem. Remember, knowledge is your friend

153152.jpg.6eb30871dcf70cf57ef67fecfee4ce8f.jpg

Here is my newest Lincoln and for you non Lincoln people it is a very tough date in this condition and CACed. Also for you who are looking for a nice 23 s I have a PCGS 63 rb CAC for sale

DSCN1845%202_zpsdu5xk68k.jpgDSCN1849%202_zpslfeja1vu.jpg

Wow. I like that '23-S, wheat'swheats. I too have a '23-S in 64RB which I searched long and hard for, and it cost a pretty penny.

That one looks very special! A superb strike and lovely color. You will never be sorry you bought it. Congrats.

Lance.

Thanks Lance, I have a 63 rb CAC that this upgraded. Most non Lincoln folks don't realize just how hard this coin is to find in higher grades and even harder with a CAC sticker. When you do find one you have to pay out the nose to get it.

Some super examples!

(thumbs u

Lee, your 1917 is no slouch. I saw that one posted with that other coin a few days ago and, even though that other coin was striking, that Lincoln is the one that got my rocks off!

PCGS PR68RB

WL, I have been meaning to ask you if PCGS is paying you any royalties for taking your virtual coin board idea and examples and running with it as their "Newest Greatest Thing!"

When they first unveiled that I immediately thought of you. ;)

This thread has stalled a little bit so we'll move it on with this:

From_Charmy_Collection_1909_Lincoln_65BN_Combo_A.jpg

This coin was lost in the mail. Fortunately I found it. :)

Ex-Charmy Collection.

(thumbs u

Interesting colors and wood grain o that 1909 Lee.

I got nothing ..... So I will post something I like to see on a Lincoln. Die polish and lots of it.

1966_Circ_Strike_Die_Polish.jpg

Too bad the coin is all spotted and not higher quality.

Very nice 22-D.

:)

I used to own a 22-D that had the most amazing reverse die cracks I've every seen.

I'll post it here when I get a chance.

I just got this one back from CAC for a reconsideration and it got a Gold bean. It has got the strongest strike I have ever seen in a 22d. It has to be very early in the die life it is a 64 rb by the way

1922%20d_zpsvledpvk4.jpg1922dr_zpst5coasv3.jpg

Edited by wheat'swheats

Here's the latest addition to my toned type set. I had a hard time finding an Indian Cent with color, but I love this one! The coin is flawless but the holder has seen better days.

NGC MS66BN

jYMljRxWS8OBNUVD8LJJ_1900%201c%20MS66BN%20obv.jpg

eYOBvA2RKkSct0l5mqug_1900%201c%20MS66BN%20rev.jpg

Here's the reverse of a 22-D I used to own:

1922dlincolnreverselgA.jpg

You can find several stages of this die break and can watch it progress, it first shows on the left top and progresses until the die falls apart. Make a great display.

Holey schmoley!

I don't think I've ever seen a RED 1914-D before.

(Yeah, I don't get out from under my rock very often.)

The others posted here are sweet, too.

Though not in the same league, here are my most recent copper newps.

USA-1c-1851-028500-frame-temp.jpg

Weird%20Wellington-Penguin%20Lady-000600-coin-800x400.png

Weird%20Wellington-Penguin%20Lady-000600-rev-inverted.jpg

SpinyLighthouseSeascape-USA2c1864-005193-coin.jpg

I like that 1851 Very much.

I think I saw you post it elsewhere and it had a view of the entire slab, which in turn allowed one to see the darker color, which I liked better.