• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the love of copper
4 4

2,487 posts in this topic

Very nice and vivid

An understatement. :grin:

That is unfortunate to hear that you had an accident and I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Here is a some large and red copper for you ... Put on the protective eyewear. ;)

1976_Denver_Mint_Centenial.jpg

I just finished going through some pennies and I found a 1914-D also. It was to worn and beat up for any picture or saving, other than into the penny box.

Nabbed myself a decent 1867 Flying Eagle to go with the other raw coins in the kraft envelopes. Nothing special but I like it and it is the best quality one I have yet to buy.

1857_Flying_Eagle_Cent_Raw_Composite.jpg

I just finished going through some pennies and I found a 1914-D also. It was to worn and beat up for any picture or saving, other than into the penny box.

Nabbed myself a decent 1867 Flying Eagle to go with the other raw coins in the kraft envelopes. Nothing special but I like it and it is the best quality one I have yet to buy.

1857_Flying_Eagle_Cent_Raw_Composite.jpg

That looks pretty good. It's even the scarce "broken wing tip" variety which commands a premium -- did you recognize that when you bought it?

Jim, not really on the variety being scarce or premium but -

I knew there were others, but few and far between from the auctions I looked up. I was certain that it was not PMD since I had seen a couple others identical.

Thank you for that info though and I will have to read up on that. ;)

I like the anacs coin. What holder is it in?

It's in one of the newer holders. I doubt either PCGS or NGC would give it a 66. For $7 I can't complain, it has the color I love.

It's in one of the newer holders. I doubt either PCGS or NGC would give it a 66. For $7 I can't complain, it has the color I love.

Why is it I see so many 56's with color?

Why is it I see so many 56's with color?

I think it was because of the cardboard that held the mint sets. 1957's and 1958's are the same way, if not more so.

Mike that's one heck of a newp there! Congrats.

For sure...beautiful!!

Great looking 1886 and 1864 Indian's also John. Great pieces of copper.