• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the love of copper
4 4

2,486 posts in this topic

Now that's what a 67RD is supposed to look like! Awesome Lincoln! I'm not an expert at this grade level but I would think you have a shot at a + there.

Now that's what a 67RD is supposed to look like! Awesome Lincoln! I'm not an expert at this grade level but I would think you have a shot at a + there.

Thanks, :) one of my favorite things about this coin is the absence of the chicken scratches on the shoulder that is common on many dates in the series. As to a + grade; well the beard would need to be fuller and more detailed and the luster would need to have more "pop". The 44-D is one of the better produced dates in the fourties, and with over 900 in the NCG pop (I did'nt check to see how many PCGS has certified) at the 67 level it's very easy to find nice. Strange that NGC only shows 3 at the + level and none higher tho, as nice as this date is I would have ecpected to see more + grades or even a 68 or two.

Edited by coinbuf

I think the 31-D might be a tougher coin to find nice than the 31-S. A 31-D I used to own:

DSCN4487A.jpg

I think the 31-D might be a tougher coin to find nice than the 31-S. A 31-D I used to own:

DSCN4487A.jpg

:cloud9: I love that one Lee!!

I know that I have shown this before, but the more that I look at it the more I like it. It has to be my favorite Lincoln. The photo shows a green sticker but it now has a gold CAC now both my d and no D are gold 1922noD_zps371c2341.jpg

I know that I have shown this before, but the more that I look at it the more I like it. It has to be my favorite Lincoln. The photo shows a green sticker but it now has a gold CAC now both my d and no D are gold 1922noD_zps371c2341.jpg

Very Nice!

(thumbs u

PCGS AU58..

hv77rp.jpg11jozlc.jpg

mb3mo7.jpg

Nice Michael.

(thumbs u

Snagged this roll from Shane on eBay. Birth year, hoping for some 67's, 67+ or even a 68 in the roll. :)

Krypto_R-57D_Roll1A.jpg

Krypto_R-57D_Roll2A.jpg

Krypto_R-57D_Roll2.jpg