• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the love of copper
4 4

2,483 posts in this topic

On 12/7/2019 at 11:15 AM, Coinbuf said:

Thanks Lee, sadly PCGS didn't like very much as it resides in a QC holder.

Boo!

For future use this thread is for sharing coins not asking about grades or conditions that should be done in a separate thread, it will be easier for you to see the replies and keep this thread for its intended purpose.  However in order; yes that staple scratch looks deep and would result in a details grade if I were grading it.  The 1839 has many issues on both sides as there is significant green stuff around the rim and again around the devices; it all looks active and would again receive a details grade at best.  The 1876 looks like a possible hole repair or something that was growing on it was removed, as with the other two I see it as damaged and a details only coin.  I am no expert and do not collect world coinage so perhaps the services are more lenient with these coins so just my opinion.  If you are able to remove the gunk on the 1839 the first two might make nice album coins the spot on the third would always bother me; unless the value is significant none are worth sending in for slabbing.

Edited by Coinbuf

10 hours ago, wheat'swheats said:

Chris what did PCGS say about it

Hi Wheat happy to see your still looking in now and again.  If your referring to the 1925 PCGS didn't like it at all :roflmao:its in a questionable color slab.  I submitted it many years ago before the toned Lincoln push was going on so its possible that if cracked and sent in again the result would be different today.  But I'm not into the idea of sending coins in twenty times to get a grade I like so I just enjoy the coin and ignore the label. 

21 hours ago, Coinbuf said:

Hi Wheat happy to see your still looking in now and again.  If your referring to the 1925 PCGS didn't like it at all :roflmao:its in a questionable color slab.  I submitted it many years ago before the toned Lincoln push was going on so its possible that if cracked and sent in again the result would be different today.  But I'm not into the idea of sending coins in twenty times to get a grade I like so I just enjoy the coin and ignore the label. 

i quit sending them in

3 hours ago, kenlee47 said:

Let's try this one.

Nice coppers, things move slowly on this forum so don't be surprised if you don't get responses right away.  :)

13 hours ago, kenlee47 said:

Let's try this one.

IMG_20200602_161213.jpg

When I first saw the date, I thought it said "1853" and my brain went, "Wait - What!? O.o

NIce FE :)

2 hours ago, Just Bob said:

When I first saw the date, I thought it said "1853" and my brain went, "Wait - What!? O.o

NIce FE :)

It does look like a 3 doesn't it? LOL