• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the love of copper
4 4

2,472 posts in this topic

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 11:29 PM, wheat'swheats said:

Which would back up what I said about how they are made either by a result of manufacture or by intent.

no, it's "Nature Taking Its Course" when it's innocuously placed in a sulphurous environment

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 7:21 PM, kidrootbeer said:

no, it's "Nature Taking Its Course" when it's innocuously placed in a sulphurous environment

Still chemicals on the coin whether by accident, on purpose or manufacture

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 4:51 PM, rrantique said:

2009 Proof copper Lincolns

2009.jpg

I think this is a nice set. Mine is toning nicely and I understand these are copper. I will try to image these but color is tough to get right.

8 hours ago, numisport said:

I think this is a nice set. Mine is toning nicely and I understand these are copper. I will try to image these but color is tough to get right.

Actually mine are starting to get a little hazy but with color now that I look at them closer. Any idea what causes the haziness to start.

Sorry but will have better images sometime this winter.

11_7_2017_8_53_11_PM.jpg

On 11/19/2017 at 11:42 PM, david3142 said:

I haven't contributed to this thread in a while.  Here's one I got fairly recently:

1934 1c MS64BN obv.jpg

1934 1c MS64BN rev.jpg

I love these toned Lincolns. Are you putting a set like this together? 

On 11/23/2017 at 10:06 AM, LINCOLNMAN said:

I love these toned Lincolns. Are you putting a set like this together? 

I need a few for my toned type set but I have grown very fond of them and now own several “extras”.  I have no plans to go for a complete set.

On 11/26/2017 at 10:57 PM, LINCOLNMAN said:

That's how it starts, although that would be a heck of a hill to climb. A date set would be manageable though. 

I kind of like the idea of a date set. I have about 7 or 8 so I'm at least 14% there!  Fortunately, one of them is perhaps the hardest date in the series (1943).  Here are a couple more:

1943-S 1c MS67 TrueView.jpg

1945 1c MS65BN TrueView.jpg

Edited by david3142

5 hours ago, dean1345 said:

Beautiful coin and imaging is perfect!

Thanks Dean. Now we'll see what the graders think of it. Should have results in another month or so.

7 hours ago, robec1347 said:

Thanks Dean. Now we'll see what the graders think of it. Should have results in another month or so.

Let me know what he grades.