• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the love of copper
4 4

2,472 posts in this topic

copper toning and Wheat's wheats...

It's in an NGC 66 Br slab, and is very nicely toned. Looks tremendously better in hand, more blues and much more iridescence...

Don't think I ever posted this coin here... one of my favorite coin in my collection to look at. I have many coins worth much more, but this one is just so cool. I had the opportunity to go through 200-300 freshly graded 1909 VDB cents that had been put away for many years and I spent over an hour going through them picking out the most eye appealing examples. Bought around a dozen of them that day, but this one is my favorite:

20526596_large.jpg

Here is a lovely copper nick (as opposed to Kaepernick who is a QB) indian cent with a repunched date.

Best, HT

1859ICPCGSMS64_zps301e1aa8.jpg

Edited by Hard Times

I am no indian expert but wasn't the cn notorious for incomplete strike?

Either way I am a fan of strong strikes and I like this one.

Thanks CT - yes the hard Ni alloy metal made for weak strikes and rapid die wear. This one is struck well despite being die state B where the die is cracked - see reverse bottom right side of the wreath, and there is a die break along the obverse rim at 7 O'Clock. That crack and the obverse die break are diagnostic for Snow 2's, which have an R5.

Best, HT

1810/09 1C PCGS VG10BN (undergraded?)

1810091CPCGSVG10BN.jpg

A nice example. These are super tough to find nice.

Congrat's.

(thumbs u

Here is one I just up graded to. This coin is a lot tougher than most people think in this grade. Only 3 stickered at CAC

1928d2_zps74786e89.jpg1928dr2_zps5b2f5797.jpg

Edited by wheat'swheats

I always felt that this coin was under graded so I sent it back to CAC for a second look. Just came back with a Gold sticker

DSCN13102_zps318a8782.jpg

Outstanding!! :banana: