• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the love of copper
4 4

2,473 posts in this topic

Wow! that is the first one that ive seen in that condition.

what a nice coin

Thanks, as you can see from my coin and the one Wheat posted this date is one of the easier dates to find in high grade. Its actually one of the dates that puzzles me, NGC has graded over 900 in MS67RD but not one + or 68 has been graded yet. You would think that at least one of those 67's would be good enough for at least a +.

Pretty toner there Robert.

And another to keep the thread going. :) An older green label PCI coin, more RB than RD.

1923-S-Comp-PCI.jpg

And my PCGS example also.

1923-S-Comp-PCGS.jpg

Edited by coinbuf

Wow! that is the first one that ive seen in that condition.

what a nice coin

Thanks, as you can see from my coin and the one Wheat posted this date is one of the easier dates to find in high grade. Its actually one of the dates that puzzles me, NGC has graded over 900 in MS67RD but not one + or 68 has been graded yet. You would think that at least one of those 67's would be good enough for at least a +.

Pretty toner there Robert.

And another to keep the thread going. :) An older green label PCI coin, more RB than RD.

1923-S-Comp-PCI.jpg

Another thing is that out of the hundreds that PCGS and NGC has graded 67 only 20 have CAC ed.

And my PCGS example also.

1923-S-Comp-PCGS.jpg

Nice coin. I also like you photo work. Wish I had the patience for photography.

Totally agree, thats why I send my coins to Mark Goodman. I dont have the camera or the skills to take good photos, but I do like tinkering with the visual format once I have a decent pic to work with.

Beautifull coins Wheat and Robert. Your 23-s is under graded Wheat, in fact my pcgs example is very marginal as a 64 imo. Here is my 11 :)

1911-Comp.jpg

Chris,

I wonder what an entire set of Lincoln wood grains would be like? I might one day just try to build one.

Very tough I suspect, mabey because I have not tried to find any but I dont recall seeing very many after the late 20's dates.

I just made a couple of purchases from GC tonight. These are my 1st copper purchases from them.

I will probably need to sell a kidney, or at least several of my buffs after the price on the 10-S (65 BN). I have a mini love affair with the 10-S as it was my first mint state pre 1920 wheat cent. It was a $90 purchase on ebay that I sold to a dealer for $125. I aslo bought one on ebay for $125 in an NGC 65 RB holder and sold to a dealer for $275 (should have kept) then I bought an icg 64 RB for cheap and sold on ebay for $100 or so.

Needless to say I was not a serious collector that 1st year. However it did eventually spark my early wheat interest.

I paid up for this one, but it would be hard to find again. I have a feeling it will be stunning in hand. Hooray for me!

The 1919 looks like a nice colorful coin for my collection. Nothing crazy, but it is tough to find lincolns with color. Not sure what this one will look like in hand.

opinions are welcome good or bad

Also looking forward to some pro pics

Jim

I should add that I know the 1919 is easy to find with a great strike which is why it is low on my radar for a pre 1920 gem BN set. I bought this for the color only (which I hope is nice in hand) and for under $70 it cant be to bad a bargain.

1910-Sgc1_zpsee39653e.jpg

1919gc_zpse0dfe2ef.png