• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the love of copper
4 4

2,482 posts in this topic

Nice 12-S. MS-66?

Thanks, but no sir.

MS 65. I can only imagine NGC felt it was too dark? The luster pops even in low light. IDK maybe I will resubmit one day if I decide to sell.

Edited to add. The luster is satin and not a cartwheel. I am not an experienced grader but this may also hold the coin back?

Edited by copper toning

I all the years that I have collected lincolns, I have never seen a brown any higher than a 65. I have a couple now and had several more in the past. That's not to say they don't exhist

Edited by wheat'swheats

I all the years that I have collected lincolns, I have never seen a brown any higher than a 65. I have a couple now and had several more in the past. That's not to say they don't exhist

I assume you are referring to non proof Lincoln's. There are proof 66BNs around.

Here is a PCGS MS66BN

Robec_1938dTV_MS66BN.jpg

Bob, that says BN but it's obviously RG, Red and Green!

RGB to be more precise. :grin:

I'll have to get it out and look at it. I don't remember the obverse being as red as the photo shows.

I know it isn't as dark as Copper toning's 1912's or the 1928.

1.jpg

I don't own this WOW piece anymore, but it was a in a NGC 66* slab.

I would love to own that piece as a type coin. Do you mind me asking what a piece like that was valued at.

I probably really do not want to know. lol

Jim

Bob your eye for copper and your ability to image them perfectly never fails to keep me coming back to see your latest! (thumbs u

Best, HT

Thank you HT. That is such a nice thing to say. You humble me! :blush:

Catbert that is a gorgeous Large Cent. One like that would be a great fit for my Type Set.