• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the love of copper
4 4

2,483 posts in this topic

1931 s MS 66 RB pcgs CAC. This is the only one in grade stickered by CAC as of this date. I also want to thank all you folks for participating in this thread I started. It seems that before this thread the poor old copper was just under appreciated.

31s66_zps1088296d.png31s66r_zps8d4d2d18.png

Wheat, I think this thread has really sparked my interest in Copper! I have always liked the Wheat cents and would always get excited as a child when I found one in my pocket change. I have a few Copper coins but I think I might start expanding my collection to start including more beauties like these! Great coins everyone!

Bob, that is a superb IHC Proof! I like it!

Thanks Justin. The coin is part of Toneddollars' "Pretty Pennies" Registry set.

He has a multitude of fabulously toned Indian Proofs. I will probably post several of them in this thread over time.

Here's only the second Lincoln Cent I've owned (certified that is). Pretty toning but PCGS overgraded it at MS66...big hit on head. Whatever the case I bought it cheap at $25 as I recall.

1c-45d_zpsd00d73ff.jpg

jom

The larger photos are exacerbating the spots. The spots are less conspicuous in hand in my opinion. In hand, the fields are mirror like and highly reflective and would put many designated PL Morgans to shame. NGC MS62 PL

01_obv_SC_zps579470ce.jpg

01_rev_SC_zpsdc1a6d5a.jpg

Edited by coinman_23885