• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fixed my camera

15 posts in this topic

So a few months back I put my camera up thing the mirror was broke. Turns out there was a hair on the sensor and $20 later my SLR is back in business!

With that being said I brought out some coins and started having some fun and got the color a lot closer to what it should be this time. Now I just gotta stop the auto adjustments from speeding up the shutter so much.

My Photo Tonight

1882.jpg

Shane's Photo

Consignments138404.jpg

My Photo Tonight

EM-Small.jpg

Brandon's Photo

Obverse2-1.jpg

The rest I shot tonight and don't have professional images yet.

EH-Small.jpg

C01-Reverse-Small2.jpg

EH-Obverse-Small.jpg

Nice coins! And very nice pics!!

Looks like you just need a little more light and you're there! Comparing your pics to Shane's+Brandon's, the colors are almost the same, just a bit darker.

Very good job! I can't get even close to that lol

What camera you using?

What camera you using?

X2

I am trying to get situated with a used and older DSLR so I am curious what you are using.

Love the 1885!

What camera you using?

X2

I am trying to get situated with a used and older DSLR so I am curious what you are using.

Love the 1885!

I will try this again ^^^^^

The information was below a picture making it difficult to see. I've gone ahead and added a few extra details too.

I'm using a macro lens 1:2.8 with a Cannon EOS 30D camera and two light sources (GE Reveal bulbs) I have the coin on my desk and the camera on a tripod.

Hope this helps.

It does. Thank you very much.

Sorry but if it was there that I missed it.

I just bought an old Cannon EOS so that gives me a good idea. It is not the same model so I will look yours up and compare.

Thanks again,

Bill

You hit it on the head with lighting. Getting the lighting (and exposure) right is 95% of the game with coin photography. The camera is important, and so is the lens, but you can get state of the art results with a $200 camera and $50 lens. For web publishing, even a $25 lens will work just fine. I have an ongoing "EL-Cheapo" lens thread on another forum where I alert folks to lenses for sale on eBay for under $30 that are suitable for coin photography...Ray