• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Welcome to the U.S. Coins board!

37 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Welcome to our boards! These boards are for the use and enjoyment of the members of the Certified Collectors' Society, as well as collectors in general.

Board Guidelines

These boards are meant to be an open and positive environment for the discussion of issues. As such, we encourage a free exchange of ideas and comments; however, participation on these boards is meant to be a positive experience for everyone. This means that inappropriate negativity and "trolling" will be removed, and repeat offenders against this policy will be banned. This is not to censor what can and can't be expressed here. It is a policy designed to maintain a civil and productive environment.

Board Restrictions

Anyone may read these boards and reply to posted messages, however, only those who have signed up on the boards for a user name may start new threads.

If you have not already registered yourself, please do so as a
. This will allow you not only to start new threads, but will also make it easy to see what posts are new each time you re-visit the boards.

We hope you'll find this area of the Collectors' Society a valuable part of our community, and again, welcome.

Regards,

The Collectors' Society

I should start buying books to press and flip. Everyone is making a killing on something that I can do/have done without a hitch. I'm the only one not making money off of this it seems. It's time to buy some hulk 181s and press them to 9.8s :devil:

I should start buying books to press and flip. Everyone is making a killing on something that I can do/have done without a hitch. I'm the only one not making money off of this it seems. It's time to buy some hulk 181s and press them to 9.8s :devil:

doh!:kidaround:

interesting. hm elaborate more please?

I'm the only one not making money off of this it seems.

You really are. I just drove past a group of kindergarteners pressing a Showcase 4 with some contact paper and a heat tack as they walked up the steps onto a school bus. Why are you so behind the curve? (shrug)

You really are. I just drove past a group of kindergarteners pressing a Showcase 4 with some contact paper and a heat tack as they walked up the steps onto a school bus. Why are you so behind the curve? (shrug)

I have a life outside of these boards :sorry:

Just think, it only took you 37k posts to find a life...

:whistle:

As least lately you seem to. :baiting:

What's so funny is that the SAME people who screamed at me and Gene for our dour economic and credit-crunch forecasts (which turned out to be dead-on) are also in favor of rampant pressing-for-dollars. And it's no coincidence folks.

There will always be people who put their own short-term economic gains over the rest of the population, riding on their backs, knowing full well that it cannot last and will cause serious financial pain for those involved, but still do it anyway.

They must be missing an integral chromosome or something. (shrug)

Didn't you press those X-men you won at the VCC Charity Auction? You didn't get a single 9.8?

what the hell, everyone else is. join in on the money making fun!

this thread brings to mind the old saying "if everyone was jumping off a cliff, would you?" So just because other people choose to bend ethics in order to make a quick buck, doesn't mean it's right for you.

P.S. I'm not against someone turning a profit or using their knowledge to work an angle, but I do think there is a point that the money isn't worth the trespass on morals.

I think we should start at least 5 more threads on the topic to help you make up your mind. hm

I'm having a sandwich for lunch. Should I press it? If the cheese comes out with an image of Christ on it, I could be in the money. (shrug)

I'm having a sandwich for lunch. Should I press it? If the cheese comes out with an image of Christ on it, I could be in the money. (shrug)

Virgin Mary "grill marks" are where the real money is!

If the cheese comes out with an image of Christ on it, I could be in the money. (shrug)

Why? That happens all the time meh

Do you think I could get anything if it came out John the Baptist? hm

If it came out of John the Baptist? Then you'd be minted.

I'll give you $1000 for it. evilgrin0039.gif

Do you think I could get anything if it came out John the Baptist? hm

Heck yeah! Bonus points if it is an action shot hm

I think I remember seeing a Greggy Christ Grilled cheese,

I'm sure that people would lineup for that one.

(worship)

Don't be silly. You know we're talking about vintage items here. Come back with that sandwich in 20 years, and then let's talk about the manipulations it might take to prep it for sale and megaprofit on E-Bay. ;)

Didn't you press those X-men you won at the VCC Charity Auction? You didn't get a single 9.8?

They are still in my box. Haven't had a chance to get them done.

Don't be silly. You know we're talking about vintage items here. Come back with that sandwich in 20 years, and then let's talk about the manipulations it might take to prep it for sale and megaprofit on E-Bay. ;)

Serious question Bob, would you consider the X-Men 141 CGC 9.9 that sold for around $14,000 to be a vintage item?